The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2020 3:58 pm  #21

Re: Promos for Fall Brawl (09/26/20)

(Cody Rhodes)

(Cody arrives on set and takes a seat opposite our broadcast colleague for this final interview before Fall Brawl.)

(Interviewer)

Cody, in 24 hours, you're wrestling a man you've been up and down the road with. You've been a part of Bullet Club together. You've been in numerous tag team matches together. Does that make things any harder going into this championship match tomorrow, facing a friend?

(Cody)

Yes, it's always difficult to get into that ring with someone you share that level of familiarity with. They know your prematch routine. They know all of your moves and your best strategies. They've seen you do your thing enough times that if they're any kind of tag partner as well, they can anticipate what you're going to do before you do it.

But see, that's a double-edged sword. Because as much as they know about you and what you're going to do, you know just as much about them. One thing about me, I'm an absolute sponge when it comes to this business. I soak up everything informationally that I can. That's why as a rookie, I had success against Bob Holly so soon in my career. When we teamed together, I learned more about him than he did about me and I used that knowledge to gain an advantage. When I ran with Randy Orton in Legacy, I learned so much more about him than he did about me. Now, Randy Orton is phenomenally gifted and only a select few ever come out ahead against him, but if you look at how things played out, I learned enough that I could use to get in a few wins against him here and there. That group had the younger Ted DiBiase in it too and did Ted have any kind of success against Randy or me? No, he didn't because he didn't do the work and the study like I did.

(Interviewer)

I noticed that when I called Marty your friend, you failed to confirm it.

(Cody)

Are we still friends? I don't know. For my part, I'm willing to stay at least friendly. But I don't know that Marty feels the same way. I'm not going to give the guy and handout, but I'll certainly give him a handup if he needs it. In fact, I offered in case he needed it now and he didn't want it. Fine. That doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm sure he can do what he thinks is best for himself.

(Interviewer)

But you offered him somewhat menial jobs, did you not?

(Cody)

I can't help what jobs are open at any given time. Right now, those are a couple of position I know AEW can fill. What am I supposed to do, make him an EVP when Matt and Nick and Kenny and I are the ones who decided to take a risk and bet on ourselves and he chose to stay behind and take the guaranteed money? No. That would be the equivalent of a handout and a controversial one at that.

Am I supposed to put him on the air and let him wrestle for us? ROH won't even let him in their building right now. Our audience wouldn't accept that right now, not until these allegations are sorted out and he's either vindicated or faces justice.

(Interviewer)

Can Marty save the HWL?

(Cody)

Marty can do a lot of things if he puts his mind to it and applies himself. He's got a lot of talent. But how do you save something that's already as good as it needs to be? Is he going to bring in new talent? Is he going to stir any freeloaders to take action? He's been at it about three months now and I've seen no improvements that can be attributed to his efforts. We don't have better food in catering. The matches are just as good now as they were before. So exactly how is he going to save the HWL? Is he going to save our souls? That's got to be some kind of joke. The only thing Party Marty ever cared about saving was the last beer for himself.

So, no. Marty can't save the HWL because there is no saving to be done. There's only a bunch of bland religious rhetoric that quite frankly is hurting the ratings during his segments. In fact, I have it on good authority the only time a Marty Scurll segment ever outperformed our average audience is when he baptized his followers with Eddie Edwards' piss.

(Camera Guy)

Hey! That wasn't funny.

(Cody)

Sorry, Fred. I forgot they did it to you too. That wasn't right.

(Pause as Cody makes an apologetic gesture.)

It was funny though.

(Cameraman Fred starts to leave.)

(Cody)

Come on, Fred. Don't be like that. If you can't laugh at yourself, you might as well go out there and join those guys at Marty's compound. Look at me. I have this ridiculous tattoo on my freaking neck. And I can laugh with them when they mock me for it. It's not the end of the world.

(Interviewer)

What is going to be the key to this match on Saturday.

(Cody)

That's hard to say. As you pointed out earlier, we are both very familiar with each other. We each know what the other would like to do in any given situation. We're locked in on each others tendencies.

So, what it comes down to now is, who has the better change-up? Who is going to be creative enough to throw something at the other that they're not prepared for.

In baseball, the change-up is one of the most important pitches to master. If you go in there and just stick to your guns and throw fastball after fastball, sooner or later the other guy is going to time your fastball and knock it into the seats. So, you have to give him something he's not ready for and give him something to think about other than when he needs to time his swing to hit your fastball.

Marty, as good as he is, leans hard on the same tricks. He loves that Crossface Chicken Wing. But more importantly, Marty primarily relies on his backup. That's why the very first time he was on TV after the Bullet Club left, he brought in PCO and Brody King to watch his back and fill the void we left. That's the way he was able to win the World Championship here. It took help from the rest of Eden's Gate. Marty is very much a creature of habit.

Me? I have a few tools in my arsenal I like to go back to, and I have my big guns like the Cross Rhodes and the Cody Cutter and the Disaster Kick. But I have a very deep bag of tricks. Marty knows a lot of what's in that bag, but does he know it all? And knowing my own tendencies and what he knows, what's to say I don't throw him a change-up at just the right time?

(Interviewer)

If that happens...

(Cody)

If that happens, then it's strike three. Game over. Put one in the win column for Team Cody.

If that happens, New Champion.

If that happens, Marty's done.

(Fade to black)

9/25/2020 6:07 pm  #22

Faith (Allie)

Allie:

"Help me Faith" that's all I can hear coming out of your mouth Mickie. Your soul is just to weak to admit it. You have let the hate, the obsessiveness and craziness consume you and it has become every fiber of your being. Mickie I may not always appear this way as I am still fighting my inner demons from my past of drug addiction and abuse, but I am disciplined, I am filled with righteousness. The Father has shown me the way and I question just what is wrong with that? The Father helped me become more then I ever thought I could be, he allowed me to see the light in the darkness, he made me a better person and if I want to devote my life to his cause then what exactly makes me less of an individual?

Such a vulgar and vile old women talking about your bosoms' like that! The women's body is way to precious to speak about in such a way. Tell me Mickie, is this the kind of leader you intended to be when you were a beautiful young woman out to conquer the world? Is this why you have opened your legs to so many men in the past? Is that why you have broken the sanctity of marriage? Or Mickie, is it because you were searching for more? Or are you just some big virgin trying to live out your fantasies?

I often ponder on what could have been if some of you women in the HWL locker room decided to take my word and join us here in Eden's Gate. I often wonder what kind of followers you could have been. But then I worry, how you may have stolen Daddy from me. You see Mickie, I am not entirely without sin, I have but two sins that I am trying to cope with, the first sin is about the few lies that I do tell. I don't tell these lies to hurt anyone truly I don't! I tell these lies to make myself feel safe, Daddy is trying to help me through these lies. That one lie just so happens to be my other sin.... you see Mickie, I do get jealous, not because of you being a better wrestler then me? Oh no no no. Mickie there will always be another better then you, I believe Charlotte Flair may agree with me. The Jealousy I speak of Mickie, is that of my love for the Father, and if he were to have eyes for another that jealousy would consume me. Thankfully Mickie I do not fear that with you. 

The Father doesn't have eyes for you which I'm sure for someone with such a sinful life that would be a relief. However that won't stop me from defending his creation which you joke about by pummeling you into the mat below. 

Mickie I have been doubted my whole life, there are people out there who doubt me in this match tomorrow night at Fall Brawl. But Mickie, I have learned from the Father that he believes in me, and that the only thing I need to be concerned with this weekend is pleasing him. There is nothing you can do to stop me from pleasing The Father. Now I don't doubt that your dirty mind has taken you to other places with that last line I just said, but try to keep focus here Mickie. Tomorrow night at Fall Brawl I bring the Women's Championship to Eden's Gate with me, and when the time is right I will walk that Women's Championship into the garden of Eden, and Mickie, unfortunately for you, there is nothing you can change about that. 

9/25/2020 6:28 pm  #23

Gulak:

Yeah Darby, you're real tough alright, playing in thumbtacks and glass make you stupid Darby not tough. I bet you would even think that banging your head of the wall over and over again would be tough, how about hitting yourself in the knee cap with hammer? Or shooting yourself with a gun? Self mutilation is not an art form Darby, having a tattoos that takes up half your face doesn't make you rad, and jumping off high objects doesn't make you impressive it either makes you suicidal which is not cool nor tough, it's stupid! 

But Darby stupid is as stupid does right? You will continue taking your high dives off cages onto thumb tacks because that's all your good at. You never learned a true skill you just sat at home and watched Jack Ass until you were old enough to become one. What's worse Darby is that makes you unoriginal which makes you even less impressive. 

When it comes down to it Darby, you are just an Instagram influencer trying to teach the next generation of degenerate filth how to do "a really cool flip". Creating more little morons like you who want to be like Darby Allin. 

Darby I wont allow you to ponder such idiotic questions any longer. I'll give you the answer because today I feel it's more of an "open book test". I would be the same person without Marty Scurll as I have always been, but the one difference is I would not be able to find the path to righteousness. The path that you need to be more aware of and be trying to get to these days before it's too late.

Look Darby, if I had one request from you it would be but of the simplest of tasks that I know you can achieve, you may even be an A plus student in this one Darby. I would like to task you to jumping off of a very high cliff onto a spike, i would task you to do something so extreme that you never wake up in the ER for it, I would like you to do a stunt so extreme that you just never wake up from, and Darby, I would request that you do this, so that all of your "followers" follow you. I can just picture it now! The disclaimer at the beginning of your "tik tok" Don't try this at home, unless you are a brain dead humanoid like Darby Allin" as you splat to the ground and those millions of morons try to be like "Darby Allin"

Darby you make me sick, but I am going to use all the faith I have to hold that back this Saturday at Fall Brawl as I stretch you from all sides of the ring. 

Last edited by shubz (9/25/2020 6:37 pm)

9/25/2020 7:11 pm  #24

"The Father" Marty Scurll

~Marty is standing at a bus with the rest of his followers somewhere in the background Jungle Boy and Marko stunt can be seen rolling around and fighting~

Scurll: My friends, what a retreat this has been! For we have prepared ourselves for the battles that lay ahead this Saturday at Fall Brawl. Including my battle with Cody Rhodes, my friend has lost his way and has taken to mocking me. This is such a sad circumstance. For a man who had so much promise and so much tradition in his blood, he has degraded himself to such a sinful tactic. Cody, you think I need your help? Look at what I have here, I have all the love and admiration that your little heart desired from "Daddy" when you we're young. Better question for you Cody, when did I ever ask for your help? No no see, Cody, you are the one who needs help. Help from the Father that you shall not receive....

~Some chants of "Father" roll out~

Scurll: I have changed a great deal since you and I were last on speaking terms. I have told you I am no longer the Villain I once claimed to be, nor am I the party guy that I never should have. No, I am something greater, I am a leader of men and women from all walks of life, I am the light in the darkness that so many seek, I am the one who can show who ever is willing to see the path. You Cody, haven't changed, you may be a little older and a little wiser then you once were I give you that, and I do take you as a threat to this....

~James Mitchell brings the HWL World Heavyweight Championship to Marty on a tray with a red satin cloth under it.~

Scurll: The HWL World Heavyweight Championship....

~He picks up the title and holds it in front of him his face shinning in its shiny gold figure~

Scurll: This championship Cody means that you are the man around here. This Championship needs to be held by a true leader Cody.

~He puts it over his shoulder~

Scurll: That's why this Saturday at Fall Brawl I am going to do everything in my power to ensure that this Championship stays with me. And yes, I'll admit it Cody, part of my change in life, has led me to a lot of allies.

~The camera pans out to show Jake Hager, The Pope, Allie, James Mitchell, Candice LeRae and The Briscoes all standing beside him~

Scurll: Not that you would know anything about that right? 

~He smirks~

Scurll: Cody, I think you are just in disbelief at what you are seeing, yes Cody, people want to follow me. I know this may be hard for you to believe when you failed to run that group in Japan, but Cody some of us in this world are born leaders. Unfortunately for you, you're not one of them. Cody, I don't believe that we are friends any more and honestly I have made my peace with that. I cannot be friends with someone who refuses to see the path and I have given everyone here time to see it. I have all the friends I need right here, none of them named Kenny, or Matt, or Nick, or Cody. Just as none of them are failures in my eyes nor will they ever be, because you are weak and we are strong. 

~He turns to his friends~

Scurll: This Saturday night, we show them what Eden's Gate is all about, no more joking, no more repenting for ones sins. These people will pay for what they have done, we will take what is ours and we will reign on top of the HWL mountain proud waving "The Flag of Scurll!" There is nothing that Mickie James, Darby Allin, or Cody can do about it. 

~He turns back to the crowd~

Scurll: Cody, you will be a worthy challenger, I am sure of that. However you are not a worthy Champion and that is where we truly differ. NOW MY FRIENDS! OFF TO FALL BRAWL! FOR TOMORROW WE BECOME IMMORTILIZED!

~Everybody hops on the bus as they sing~

Followers: Oh Father (oh father)
bold and brave
he's finding us a family 
hes teaching us the faith
oh father (oh father)
keep us safe
He's marching us straight through Eden's Gate!

~the camera cuts as the bus drives away~

9/25/2020 7:16 pm  #25

(Mickie James)

Which is it, Allie? Am I a whore or a virgin talking fantasy? It can’t be both. It can be neither, but not both as you say. I think my husband, Nick, and son, Donovan, should be able to clear that up for you. Or maybe some of the multiple pregnancy photos of me on the Internet.

That’s the kind of contradiction that keeps coming out of your twisted little mouth every time it opens. It’s doublespeak. It feels like you’re trying to talk to people that aren’t here.

You ask what’s wrong with Father Marty showing you the way? That’s it in a nutshell. Everything is a twisted up line of bullshit. How many people have to see through it before we are done?

Not even you know what’s real and what’s the lie coming out of your lips Any more, do you sugar pie? All you’re doing is fooling yourself and getting into a situation that you can’t handle.

It’s almost like you’re saying words just to hear yourself talk or to meet some sort of quota. It certainly is t because you have anything of merit to say.

But here comes the meaningful stuff. Are you ready for it? I’m going to bring the hurt, Allie. Up until now, you’ve not really fought anybody one-one with any real skill. You’ve battled Maria Kanellis, a bipolar bride and some fake demons... and that’s about it.

Me? I’ve beaten Asuka. I’ve beaten Trish Stratus. I’ve beaten Bayley and Sasha Banks. I’ve beaten the very best and they just don’t make them like that on Impact Wrestling any more. Or AEW.

Stick to doing what you’re best at, Allie. Warm little Marty’s bed and try to sleep your way up the ranks. Break the bonds of your own marriage, something you just so violently thrust into my face. You point out the lash in my eye whilst ignoring the thorn in your own.

But that’s about enough of the sweet talk, Cunt. Let’s get down to brass tacks.

You’re not leaving Fall Brawl the same. You’re going to leave a piece of you behind that you can’t afford to lose.

9/25/2020 7:45 pm  #26

"Faith" Allie

Allie:

You know what Mickie, my bad.... truly, I thought that you may understand that I wasn't calling you a virgin, but let's no dwell on that. I was merely asking a simple question. For Mickie, I simply don't know much about you. Nor do I have the time to research what you are actually all about, I make assumptions off what you say and try to understand how you tick. But let me ask you something Mickie, what kind of adult is your son Donovan going to be when he finds out that his mother the great Mickie James was such a vile and disgusting woman? And what do you think he's going to do when he finds out she was beaten by a much more sophisticated and righteous woman?

You can continue to list off all the people you have beaten in the past but the fact is Mickie they are not here right now! They are not a threat right now! Mickie I am your threat right now, and I still don't believe you are taking my challenge seriously, and that is going to be your gravest of mistakes this Saturday at Fall Brawl when I pry that Championship from your cold vile hands. 

You can make your assumptions about me just as I have made about you. You can assume that I am sleeping my way to the top as much as that creeps me out and that Daddy only cares for me because of that it will not matter Mickie, because after Saturday night I will have something that you have held dearly for far to long. The HWL Women's Championship, and Mickie, you will never get the chance to gaze your eyes upon it again.......

9/25/2020 8:01 pm  #27

Gulak:

Darby, the idiocy of your Championship reign ends tomorrow night. Tomorrow night at Fall Brawl where I finally get my chance to dethrone you and take what is rightfully mine. Eden's Gate is fast approaching our destination and all I can think about is what I am going to do to you in the middle of that ring. Darby, we have talked about how Eden's Gate is full and how we need not save anymore sinners, but I still feel it is my duty to show all of your Instagram followers just what a complete loser you are, and why you are not worth looking up to.

You claim to be an individualist but Darby, with social media there is no longer a such thing as an individualist. There is no such thing as creativity, when everybody wants to be trending for doing the hip new thing. Darby this is an age where you have quiet clearly thrived, an era where everybody looks to their phones to entertain them with the latest social media video of a dumb ass doing a stupid stunt. Darby you are part of the general public and you are camouflaged in the sea of people just like you.

You are not interesting, you are not special, your not even an individualist. You are Darby Allin, just another joe in generation Y. Not worth the hype and not worth my time. The only reason I bother with you is because of that Cruiserweight Championship you have. But Darby, once I am done with you, there will be no need for you anymore and you will slip back into the sea of other morons who try to pull the same stunts you do. Your a stunt man Darby, this is wrestling, something that you will never grasp the concept of. 

9/25/2020 8:55 pm  #28

(Darby Allin)

Idiot. Lunatic. Madman.

These are all meant to be insults, hurled from your lips or others like yours in my direction. Yet they lack bite. They lack forcefulness. Their venom is impotent.

They’re names those lacking, or even Gu-lacking, one might say, the power soar will jealously hurl at those achieving greater heights to try to drag them down.

You know who else they called an idiot? Beethoven.

Who else was considered a lunatic? Van Gogh.

Who was dubbed a stupid madman dreamer? Da Vinci.

So, I say thank you, Drew, for displaying through your raw insecurities just how threatened by me you are.

Why would I, having reached such rarified air, ever come back down, no matter what sticks and stones may be thrust upward in my direction?

That’s you thing, right, Gulak? “Safe and sound, feet on the ground?” That was a major part of your PowerPoint Presentation.

Yet, no matter how many times you tried to ground Mustafa Ali and berate him as an idiot for having the audacity to fly through the air, he repeatedly beat you.

Then, like now, you focus on trying to ground your opponent rather than raising yourself up. It is not a strategy that has worked out well for you in the past. I would think one who considers himself such a great teacher would learn from his past mistakes?

It appears not. It didn’t work then. It didn’t work when I beat you in the #1 Contenders Gauntlet. And guess what? It isn’t working now either.

It’s time to try a new tactic, Drew. Or are you just a one trick pony?

I refuse to come crashing back down to Earth. Instead, you can keep looking up at me until you get up off your ass and learn to soar yourself.

Deal with it.

Board footera