The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2019 1:01 pm  #1

Promo writing

What do you guys think about this idea - instead of a promo board and free trading of promos back and forth all week, what if we changed that up?

My idea is that everyone would get one promo for one match. And to make it fair, nobody would be able to wait for the other person to go and then post theirs so they can counter and get the last word. Instead, it would be done by blind submission, as in you send the promos to me and then I post both opposing promos at the same time.

People would have X amount of days to write their promo. And then everyone would have X amount of days to read them and vote for a winner.

That way, certain people *cough*Jayden*cough* can’t complain about not having the time to play that other people do. It would go one step further toward totally leveling the playing field and minimizing the amount of time and effort it takes to play the eFed each week.

12/06/2019 3:41 pm  #2

Re: Promo writing

I like the sound of that. Plus cut the writing process of other character if they are in multiple matches. I'm in.

1/02/2020 6:43 pm  #3

No no no no no,That's horrible!!! How the hell do you expect anyone to write promos about anyone without anyone knowing what they said??? That's luke if Brock Lesnar went against Seth Rollins and Brock did a Promo and Setj came out next week and had NO IDEA What the hell Brock said!! I award you no points!! Dumb dumb dumb!!! This is making my Paper Rock Scissors idea look genius in comparison!!!

1/02/2020 10:29 pm  #4

QuinnMallory wrote:

No no no no no,That's horrible!!! How the hell do you expect anyone to write promos about anyone without anyone knowing what they said??? That's luke if Brock Lesnar went against Seth Rollins and Brock did a Promo and Setj came out next week and had NO IDEA What the hell Brock said!! I award you no points!! Dumb dumb dumb!!! This is making my Paper Rock Scissors idea look genius in comparison!!!

Not knowing what the other person said was the point. You're basically saying you're incapable of writing a promo from context, situation and history and you need it to be like a couple of third graders trading insults. That's not what promos are in reality either. If you watch the product, they have these prerecorded comments that they sometimes play during entrances. Then the other guy comes out and they air his comments. Neither one had the other to play off of. Those are promos too. They used to do that a lot back in the day. What I was suggesting would be like that. Or like way back when, they used to have a whole bunch of those they'd air together in a package for like the Royal Rumble where they had a stream of guys cut promos based on their character and the concept of the match alone, maybe tying something in about whoever their rival was at the time, and depending on their level of creativity, those were sometimes very in-depth character defining comments at times. They had guys that could tell a story much better that way than the spots where we just stand with one guy in the ring and one on the ramp and tell each other how stupid the other one is.

Board footera