The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/18/2020 9:08 pm  #11

Re: Promos for Overdrive #51 (08/19/20)

:the camera shows the dead pan eyes of Dexter Lumis the camera pans back to reveal Jake Roberrs standing close by:

Jake Robeets: Let me ask you something? Have you got the picture yet? Can you see what my boy is capable of? Look at the eyes of this man, the eyes of a man can tell you just about anything ever wanted to know, the answer to any deep question can lie in the eyes of this man, and last week Dexter was released upon the HWL and he was setting this place ablaze and then...one man who used to claim to be a Killer in Karrion Kross...had the never to not only tag himself into the match when Lumis here had everything under control but then wanted to start a fight with his own team mate?

Tsk Tsk Tsk

Tomorrow night Kross...my tortured friend here is going to show you what a real killer is, and when it's all said and done and your blood is on his hands,just know that this was your doing,not ours. Dont worry though...I'll make sure that you wont become a part of Dexter's collection...that is of course if you dont give us a reason not too...Trust Us...if you will.

:Jake give Dexter a pat in the back and walks off screen as the camera begins to zoom back into Lumis dead stare as the camera fades out:

8/18/2020 10:23 pm  #12

Re: Promos for Overdrive #51 (08/19/20)

(Eddie Edwards)

Let’s keep this really simple. Jake Hager, you haven’t been your own man in at long time, maybe never.

Every place you go, every company you’re a part of, there’s always somebody else behind you pulling the strings. Dutch Mantell... err Zeb Coulter. Dario Cueto. Chris Jericho. Nw Marty Scurll.

You’re a puppet, man. Somebody else pulls up or down and you dance right along to their tune. Like you don’t have a mind of your own. Like you don’t know what it’s like to have any hopes and dreams unless somebody else tells you that’s what you want and makes up your mind for you.

You’re the most transparent guy in the world, Jake.

Growing up with a speech impediment, getting teased, maybe even getting bullied, I’d bet it was real easy the first time some user sidled up to you and asked you to dance on their strings in exchange for them protecting you, hell, saving you.

Once you start that, letting others do your thinking for you, it’s a real hard habit to break. You end up at the University of Oklahoma to play football, dancing along to the strings pulled by Bob Stoops.

But you didn’t dance well enough to go to the next level and so being the follower you are, you take the path so many failed football players take and you go to see Vince McMahon about a job.

When they figure out that’s not what they’re looking for, what happens then, Jake? You go searching for set of hands after set of hands to pull your strings because doing it on your own scares you to death. You‘ve been somebody else’s tool, somebody else’s means to an end for so long that doing it any other way probably doesn’t even occur to you at this point, does it Jake?

What happens when Chris or Marty decide they are done with their oversized, spits when he talks toy? Do you already have the next puppet master lined up? Seriously, I’m curious. What happens then? Because while they might tell you otherwise, and while you, opting to never do his own thinking, might believe them, look at your own history, Jake.

Sooner or later, they all let you go and cast you aside like a hunk of trash. It’s only a matter of time.

Cut the strings, Jake. Find out what it’s like to be a free man for once in your adult life.

Come out and play for real.

Board footera