The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2020 2:34 pm  #1

Promos for Overdrive #54 (09/09/20)

- HWL Television Championship - Tomasso Ciampa vs. Ace Austin

- Brian Cage vs. Damien Priest

- Kenny Omega & Hangman Page vs. James Storm & Eli Drake

- Triple Threat - Britt Baker vs. Kay Lee Ray vs. Ruby Riott

9/06/2020 10:35 pm  #2

Re: Promos for Overdrive #54 (09/09/20)

Kenny Omega & Hangman Page

*Camera goes into the backstage,where I shows Kenny finishing the pay per view. The camera zooms out alittle, as Hangman is napping on the leather couch*

Kenny: Another “fantastic”  show put on. It was so great and entertaining that it kept us on our toes…

*Kenny nods over his shoulder, as Hangman snors*

Kenny: We had the same recycled, washed up WWE “legends”  in that ring, slugging around and trying to be All Elite.

We are sick and tired of being on the sideline, while loser get their ring time. So James Storm and Eli Drake, “Sorry About Your Damn Luck”, but this wont be a wrestling match, itll be more of a beat down.

*Kenny Waves as the camera fades*

9/07/2020 10:13 pm  #3

We see Britt Baker talking with Alexa Bliss and Ric Flair

Alexa- Look Britt, we really appreciate you meeting with us.  You see we originally were going to have Sonya Deville as the 2nd woman in Evolution, but unfortunately with her situation, she can no longer put the effort in to wrestle.  It’s heartbreaking, but we understand.  I talked it over with Ric and our recruiter MJF and we’re in agreement, we are officially offering you Britt Baker a spot in Evolution.

Ric- And I for one Britt can’t wait to have you join us, I’ve been a fan of yours for a LONG, LONG time.  You have that personality, the hunger to be great just like Alexa.  The two of you together would be UNSTOPPABLE in HWL.  So, Britt, come on what do you say?

Britt- I just have to ask…why didn’t you ask me in the first place?  Don’t get me wrong, Sonya Deville was a fine selection, but she couldn’t lace my boots up.  I mean look at her, does that woman even smile?  Wouldn’t shock me if she’s never smiled a day in her life.  I mean a smile tells you everything you need to know about a person, that woman has no beautiful smile…unlike me.  So what makes you think I’ll just join up and help Evolution?

Alexa- We don’t think anything Britt, but I’m going to admit something.  We should’ve picked you from the start.  You were my first choice.  I mean you have the inside scoop of Undisputed Era, while we’re in a war with them, the NWO, the MAGA Powers and Eden’s Gate.  You were the perfect fit…plus I think all of us could use the extra dental work to make sure we all have million dollar smiles like yourself.

Britt- You bring up some interesting points there Lexi…it seems you actually know and appreciate my value that I can bring to Evolution.  But how do I know you won’t betray me?

Ric- Britt, that’s a golden rule of Evolution now, we are one team, united on a mission to take capture of every HWL title.  Whoever is in line for the HWL Women’s Championship whether it be you or Alexa, the other must support the other in their quest to save HWL from destruction in the hands of Big Sugar.

Britt- That’s relieving to know Ric…and you’re right, I’ve seen Big Sugar’s smile, that man definitely needs serious dental work.  Definitely someone nobody can trust.  Okay Ric, Alexa…I’m in.

Ric- Well then there’s only one thing to say right now….WOOOOOOO!

Alexa- Welcome to the team Britt, and know we have your back this Wednesday on Overdrive.

Britt- Well that’s good to know Alexa, but do you see who I’m facing?  I don’t think much help will be needed.  I mean first off we have Ruby Riott, who failed with her Riott Squad and now comes to HWL to make a name for herself.  She hasn’t even come close to being the face of women’s wrestling in WWE, but look at me, literally the main reason the Women’s division in AEW is relevant is because of me, but Tony Khan won’t just give me the belt already, that’s fine, I’ll just prove it here in HWL and in AEW they’ll realize I’m the reason everyone watching Dynamite.  As for my other opponent, Kay Lee Ray, the NXT UK Women’s Champion…which I have to ask when is that belt ever going to be defended again?  Probably never because Kay Lee Ray is the Champion and nobody cares about her.  Look you two, you’re looking at not just one of the most talented women’s wrestlers in this business, but clearly the smartest wrestler in the business.  I mean can you two work as a Dentist and then a wrestler?  No you can’t, but guess who can…me.  And I do it with a smile on my face.  People look at me as a Role Model.  I’m beautiful, smart, talented, and can do anything I want…you two, just can’t.  It’s not going to be a contest.  You see…dare I say I’m truly the next Evolution of the Women’s Division in wrestling today.  With me now the newest member of Evolution…it just solidifies our destiny.  Kay Lee Ray, Ruby Riott you’ll see it on Wednesday when neither of you is smiling after I defeat you both and trust me the world will be better to not see your ugly smiling faces.  But instead you can embrace Evolution…with it’s true ROLE MODEL…BRITT BAKER…DMD.

9/08/2020 7:41 am  #4

(Brian Cage)

Well....seems to me that I have a match coming up. Damian Priest, I know you have a lot of momentum coming up since you won that North American Title at NXT TakeOver XXX. Quite the grind you did against all those opponents in that ladder match. Which....tells me that your hurt and prone like a wounded animal. That's why tomorrow night, The Machine that is Me, Brian Cage, will be unleashed on you.

So don't expect a path of daisies and dandelions when you confront me in that ring. All you can expect from me is sheer brutality and sheer strength from the man that believes that the gym is his sanctuary. And that's what going to happen, I'm going tonight and train nonstop. Pumping iron and pumping adrenaline into my gorgeous physique body that you will never achieve.

But don't feel too bad. Cause once our match is over....maybe, just maybe I'll teach you the secrets that is me, The Machine, Brian Cage. You have been warned son. Prepare for a world of hurt at Overdrive.

9/08/2020 9:08 am  #5

(Eli Drake)

Let me talk to ya, dummies.

Looky here, looky here. Pretend all you want boys, but we all saw what went down between the two of you on Saturday. We all know Hangman is out of the Elite and we all know Kenny is ready to sever ties.

It's just too bad for you boys that you had one more item on your to do list as a tag team when you decided to fall apart. And it really sucks for you because that one last item is with the NWA Tag Team Champions.

If you look at things on the surface, we might be tagging up with the wrong people here. Kenny, my partner James and your partner Hangman, they're kinda like two peas in the same drunken pod, now aren't they? The different is, my partner can hold his liquor and the two of us actually get along.

Another big difference is your partner seems to have a legitimate drinking problem, Kenny. Maybe instead of leaving him passed out in the middle of the ring and kicking him out of your little club, you ought to try to get him some help. James, on the other hand, the only problem he has drinking is when his hand hits the bottom of the cooler because its empty.

In case you forgot, I am the official namer of dummies and the two of you just had to go and get yourselves on that list ahead of this match didn't you? We couldn't just have a nice competitive match between two sets of tag team champions and add to the house. You two dummies had to go and screw it up.

Dummy, YEAH!

Dummy, YEAH!

When I say Eli, you say Drake. ELI!

(Crowd and Eli both)

DRAKE!

(Drake)

Not you, dummies. I was talking to me.

Anyway, this could have been a match for the ages. Instead, now we're going to have to watch Kenny think about bashing his partner's head in with a chair all night while Hangman has himself a good cry about it. I mean, I guess that's good news for us, but overall it's just bad for business.

But it's too late to back out now, boys. This match is signed, sealed and come tomorrow night, James Storm and I are going to deliver, like we always do. That just means one thing for you boys, and I'm going to let the man tell you himself.

(Storm)

SORRY, ABOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK

9/08/2020 9:18 am  #6

(Ace Austin)

Here I was expecting somebody different. Seriously, Adam Cole took how many tries at how many different HWL titles and after 14 months finally gets his hands on one, only to lose it a week later?

How embarrassing.

And now the Television title finds itself in the grips of Tomasso Ciampa. Ciampa, you may be one tough son of a bitch, but you look like one of those garden gnomes people stick near their front door to hide a key under. And just like that garden gnome, you're going to give up the prize you're holding when I tip you over tomorrow night.

You see, they call me "The Inevitable" Ace Austin. I know you might not know me all that well. We don't run in the same circles, but you don't get a moniker like that handed to you by being a slouch. I am the inevitable and unlike Adam Cole, it's not going to take me 14 months to reach the prize.

Oh no, no, no. I'm not a big fan of waiting. Instead, I'm going to do it on my very first night.

It's a shame that these guys are playing hot potato with the belt, going through four champions in three weeks from Heath Slater to Cole to Ciampa and now to me, but once I have that title in my hands, we're going to start to see some stability in this title picture. Once I have it, we're going to have a steady champion that the sponsors and the decision makers can start to make some money off of.

Ciampa, are you ready for the Inevitable? I'm sorry, that's a stupid question. How could you possibly be ready for that? Nevermind, just let me leave you with a small piece of advice.

Ciampa you're holding a pair of trey's against my straight flush. I advise you to fold.

9/08/2020 11:57 am  #7

Tomasso Ciampa

Inevitable. Defined as, certain to happen and unable to be avoided or prevented.

I know what inevitable means. I know what inevitable is. I once defined what it meant to inevitable, as the once Blackened Heart of mine beat its way to the top. I held the HWL Heavyweight Championship of the World. Not being welcome within my circle Ace, not just not running within the same one, you wouldn't know that. Hence why you immediately jumped to a conclusion, based on an egotistical nightmare occurring within the hippocampus of your brain. This then brought a reckless intent of inconclusive grandeur, allure, and self insufficiency, the likes can only bring chaos.

Ciampa looks down at two playing cards, both threes. He ducks down, and folds them over.

Ooh look son, I folded. That means nothing. It seems you are resorting to any tactic you can, trying to find your footing in the cruel cruel world of professional wrestling. See, when I took the HWL Television Championship from Adam Cole, this was simply what I said would happen. It was nearly a certainty then, and it is a certainty now.

There was a blip on the radar a few months ago, the last name Austin. A new Double A climbing the ranks. He blew it in such an "impactful" way he needed backup. Then he came here alone, and can't decide if he is playing cards, searching for gold, searching for acceptance, or awaiting, in blood and tears...

Tomasso Ciampa...The Reckoning.

9/08/2020 2:16 pm  #8

(Ace Austin)

You may think you were inevitable, Ciampa, but did anybody ever call you that? Did they ever give you that label?

No, like a peasant you scratched and clawed for everything you ever got. Some may think that's a virtue, but not me. Why work harder when you can work smarter? Why not let the hype do half of the work for you before you ever even show up? It's just... good business.

Working as hard as you've had to in order to be any kind of champion at all, Ciampa... All that hard work does is take enough out of you for the next guy to come along and make short work of you. It makes you ripe for the picking. And you're just a ripe old cherry right about now.

If others are going to pre-ordain my greatness, who am I to argue? That just makes my job that much easier. Wednesday night on Overdrive just happens to be my moment to make the "Inevitable" the Here and Now.

Play around with all the cards you want, Ciampa. You're right, that deck you're playing with in your damp little basement means absolutely nothing. Saying so proves nothing. Like a rube following a sleight of hand trick, you're looking in the wrong place. Your focus is on the wrong hand.

The deck you should be concerned about is the one that was stacked up against you the moment you drew the Ace. And just because I didn't show up dragging that big ogre Fulton around, don't assume I came to HWL alone.

You've been in this game long enough by now to know, Ciampa, guys like me... We always have a little extra something hidden up our sleeve.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a call to make.

(Ace heads off screen and we catch a blip of him talking to somebody on his cell phone, but we can't tell what language he's talking in as we fade to black.)

9/08/2020 3:02 pm  #9

Tomasso Ciampa

Focus on the wrong hand huh? Look Ace, if that is your focus while you are masterbating that is fine, but that is not what we need to think about here.

A real man scratches and claws. A real man does everything they can to rise to the occasion, do something amazing, dominate the path to greatness. A real man does not adequate what makes best business sense, that is senseless in itself.

Your diatribe about yourself and calling your friend was cute, I am sure Cody, Eli, James or even Arn would love to hear from yet another pup who truly doesn't understand what it means to really get wet behind the ears.

I am the real man here Ace. I am the one who need not focus on any one other specifically, as The Reckoning knows no bounds, no limits, no individuals. Hope whoever your little pal is brings a towel to Overdrive, they won't want the smell of a wet young pup along with no gold to show for it.

9/08/2020 4:07 pm  #10

(Ace Austin)

A man who doesn't take good business sense into account is essentially beating his own head against a brick wall. He may be at it for a long time. He may even have a little success if his head is hard enough. However, that man, by his own actions, shortens his own career.

Ciampa, you are a prime example of that. How many neck surgeries have you had? How many knee surgeries? How many back surgeries? How many more times are they going to have to take you apart and put you back together again before you learn a lesson? We might as well call you Humpty Dumpty.

I have no interest in the banging my head against a wall, or sitting on the top of it like Humpty Dumpty. I'm not even going to climb it. I'm just going to go a little further down the block and walk around it. That's smart.

Ciampa, I've played this whole thing with you straighter than I've played much of anything with anybody. I've given you ample warning of what's coming. And why would I do that, a notably crooked son of a bitch like myself? The answer is, there's just not a whole lot you can do to stop it.

That title you're holding on to for me, that is my destiny. No man can stand in the way of destiny for very long, not once the wheels have been set in motion.

But if you want to obstinately stand in the way, you can just hang out in the way and get your ass run over. That's just fine by me.

You should know though, Ciampa, that I won't be governed by your ideals of right and wrong. I won't submit to your faulty judgment or your reckoning. I will pay no penance.

That wasn't Arn on the phone, or Cody or any of those goodie-two-shoes.

You see, not only am I "Inevitable." I'm something else that starts with an I as well.

I am... Ingobernable.

Board footera