The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2020 11:04 am  #1

Promos for Overdrive #53 (09/02/20)

- HWL Television Championship - Adam Cole vs. Tomasso Ciampa

- Finn Balor vs. Johnny Gargano

- The Briscoes vs. The Rascalz

- Tegan Nox vs. Zelina Vega

8/28/2020 5:19 pm  #2

Re: Promos for Overdrive #53 (09/02/20)

Finn Balor

*Scene opens to the lightless HWL Arena. A white light starts flickering with the nWo theme song playing. Styles, Nash and Balor make their way to the ring, marching up the steps and entering the ring. Balor walks to the other corner, grabbing the microphone, then going to the middle of the ring. Balor stands in the middle, puts his arm up as the music turns off, white light stops flickering and normal lights come on*

FB: First thing first, we have a birthday boy in the HWL Arena. Tonight, Big Sugar celebrates his day of birth, the day he came into this world. So us, The New World Order decided to send him a gift.

*Scene changes to the back, where Klutch Kobe Lee is walking towards Big Sugar office. Wearing a tight pink spandex, a pink tie and holding a Birthday cake. Lee gets to the door, knocks and decides to not wait. He places the cake onto the ground and slowly backs away with his head down. Lee turns around and gets his Head taken off from a thunderous clothesline from Brock Lesnar. Lesnar points to his muscle shirt, with the letters nWo on it. Camera comes back to the ring*

FB: You all heard the rumour of the newest member coming to the New World Order.  Suplex City comes to the N….W…..O. Thanks for stopping in Lee.

*All the boys starts to laugh*

FB: You know, all week people have been coming up to me. They’ve been coming up and asking me what happened at the last pay per view, asking me how I lost against Marty. They questioned me, and they questioned the dominate nWo.  But the truth is, I didn’t lose the World Title. R Truth lost the match for me, my shoulders weren’t pinned on the mat. I didn’t tap out or give up, I was robbed by some coward. There’s been days where AJ Styles and I use to roll with Marty, theres been years and years spent together with him. What Marty did was typical, he took the easy route. He knows he can’t beat me one on one, that’s why he aimed for the weak and coward R Truth.  Let me put it this way..

The Chicken Wing Became The Chicken Shit.

Now, I know there’s this pay per view next week and people have been asking if any of the nWo will be in that contender match for the World Title. The answer is no.

*The members start to laugh*

FB: Why would any of us go into that match, when I should be given my rematch. Why should any of us waste our time, when I wasn’t pinned for the title. If Marty has a pair of “chicken balls”, he’ll face me one on one for MY World Title.

Then there’s my match for next Wednesday against Johnny Gargano. Him and I have had our matches and battles in the past. The man whos all about the wrestling. Mr.NXT.  You know Johnny, You use to be all about the wrestling, all about the fans, but then you met Flair and become something you were against since 2005. All I hear is this talk about Evolution this and that.

But when you’re on the ground, concussion and all and your laying on the ground, with the letters N…W…O on your back, it means the New World Order just passed you by.

*Balor tosses the mic at the camera, all three men start to head back as the camera fades*

8/28/2020 6:08 pm  #3

Tomasso Ciampa

I wanted to believe it. I wanted to live it. I wanted to see it, hear it, feel it. Complete the quest. Fulfill what I thought should be fulfilled. With "Goldie"...and with....Shayna.

For Shayna, it was all a matter of convenience. A matter of manipulation. She got what she wanted and that was it. It all ended up being for nothing with her. "Goldie" was much the same, except, with "Goldie", I was perpetuating a psychotic trait onto what I love most.

Combined made for even a black heart to break. That was when everything I had said, everything I had done, everything I had worked towards, was gone. Tarnished, destroyed, disintegrated.

In blood and tears, I'll rise against and will hold the line.
I am Tomasso Ciampa.
The Reckoning.

Adam Cole...you feel the wrath of the reckoning first. The TV title is only a bonus to me.

8/28/2020 7:29 pm  #4

Johnny Gargano is seen at his home sitting on his couch.

Gargano- Did I really hear Finn Balor ramble on and on about how it was everyone’s fault but his own that he’s not the World Heavyweight Champion and basically looking over the one and only Johnny Wrestling?  Ric Flair was right, one thing about the NWO will never change…DISRESPECT.  You see Finn unlike you, a man who has travelled all over the world and gifted everything you could ever want, I’m a man who has been given nothing.  I’ve been told I wasn’t good enough.  You see when you come from the great city of Cleveland, Ohio, there are two constants…one is you work your ass off for everything you get, the other…nobody respects you, you make them respect you.  When I started I spent years in my hometown putting on shows basically making AIW into a relevant Independent wrestling promotion while you were on the big stage.  I know what it’s like to put in that grind.  You originally used to be that…until HHH put his arm around your shoulder and gave you everything.  Funny enough, much like Randy Orton’s opponent in Seth Rollins…you couldn’t handle it.  Meanwhile I fought in WARS in NXT with numerous opponents and making a name for myself as MR. NXT.  I put on matches everyone would dream of having, except mine were on a nightly basis.  But the problem was…I never could get anyone to realize that I WAS THE ONE CARRYING NXT.  Not anyone else, it was JOHNNY MF’ING WRESTLING.  So when the opportunity came to join HWL, I thought it would be more of the same, me putting on 5 star matches and not getting the recognition I deserve, but then Ric Flair, Randy Orton and John Cena sought me out.  Finally for once in my career I was being recognized as the Main Event talent I proved to be.  Finally, someone was willing to give me the push I’ve earned.  Finally, JOHNNY WRESTLING CAN SHINE IN HWL.  This is why I joined Evolution.  They recognize that Johnny Wrestling is THE FUTURE.  They’re willing to teach me the things that for years I’ve asked the vets to teach me but probably for their jealousy of me putting on matches they could never have, they wouldn’t give me respect.  Evolution has already taught me, it’s not longer about earning your respect…YOU TAKE RESPECT.

For all you guys talk about with the NWO, what are you guys doing?  Because all I’m seeing from you are excuses for another NWO failure.  You’re following orders from a man who killed the NWO by taking to stupid fingerpoke to the chest.  Now he wants to rebuild it?  Okay fine, go right ahead, but Evolution is here to bring the future to HWL now…not set it back 20 years and put it into bankruptcy like the NWO did to WCW.  Funny how you say I’m against what I stood for back in 2005, because the NWO is literally EVERYTHING Finn Balor has been against his entire career.  So I guess from now on, I’m calling you a hypocrite.  At least I’m honest with evolving in my career.  And to go after Ric Flair, a man who you wouldn’t be here without…I really shouldn’t put it past the NWO to assault Ric Flair’s character, especially Kevin Nash, but I would’ve thought you Finn Balor would show at least some god damn respect to a legend.  That’s why I’m going to send the first shot to the NWO like Randy Orton did to the MAGA Powers.  You can deny Evolution all you want, hell you can try to prevent it, EVOLUTION IS A WAY OF LIFE.  It’s up to the entire HWL Locker Room to adapt.  This Wednesday on Overdrive, the next step of Evolution arrives, for I, Johnny Gargano will make my mark on the Cruiserweight Division by beating you Finn and I’ll look forward to hearing all your excuses as to why, yet again FINN BALOR FAILED.

ADAPT IF YOU CAN…OR BE LEFT IN THE DUST…THIS IS EVOLUTION.

8/30/2020 2:31 pm  #5

Tomasso Ciampa

Tomasso Ciampa is seen walking slowly through a backstage corridor. Charly Caruso is seen with a mic, and approaches Ciampa.

Caruso: Tomasso, I was hoping I could get a word from you.

Ciampa: Reckoning.

Caruso: Well actually, I was hoping I could get more than just a...

Ciampa (grabbing the mic out of Caruso's hands): You asked for a word, Charly that is what I have given you. Now if you will excuse me, you are getting in my way of wandering into the open. Adam Cole, if you are watching, speak up, bay bay, this should not be so easy.

Ciampa gives the mic back to Caruso, who is looking stunned. He casually strolls away, noticeably taking in the blank walls of the corridor as the camera fades.

8/30/2020 3:57 pm  #6

"Don" Cole

~Kyle O'Reilly is seen standing up against one of the production trucks outside in the rain wearing a fedora puffing on his bubble pipe wearing an official Undisputed Era trench coat. Adam Cole walks into frame with Bobby Fish, and Roderick Strong each carrying black umbrellas light opera plays in the background~

Cole: So......

~Kyle reaches in his jacket and pulls out a note as Adam takes a quick look at it he looks up to Kyle~

Cole: We're you followed?

O'Reilly: Come on Don Cole, you know how I do business.

~Adam looks at Kyle with a grin on his face~

Cole: Yes I do. Now let me see here....

~Adam looks down at the paper and back up to Kyle~

Cole: So Tommaso Ciampa is back. 

~Kyle nods his head as he continues puffing away on his bubble pipe~

Cole: I see. Well the last time Tommaso and I met, he was the luckier of the two. However I don't believe in luck very much, and I am now a very different man. Tommaso will not be prepared for the most domination force in the HWL lockeroom. Tommaso may be a very fierce competitor, however he lacks the kind of respect that the Undisputed Era brings to the squared circle. Tommaso is nothing but a violent man who simply does not have the finesse to be a champion here in the HWL For too long respect has been lacking in the HWL. You got cults, you got the NWO and the Maga powers. The Undisputed Era stands for three things now, honor, respect, and power. These three basic concepts are going to be what proves that we are that much better then the rest, and Tommaso, you will be the first to feel the power of the NEW Undisputed Era. Now boys, I believe we have some other business to attend to. 

~The four men walk off as the camera cuts~

8/30/2020 4:21 pm  #7

The Militarized Briscoes

~The Briscoe Brothers are out in the desert digging a massive hole. As Marty Scurll and James Mitchell walk into frame~

Scurll: Boys! Boys.....

~The two brothers turn to look at Marty~

Scurll: You are doing a great job.....

~He hops in to the so far three foot hole. Jungle boy and Marko Stunt seem to be in the pit as well digging with their hands~

Scurll: Brother Mark.....

Mark: Yes father?

~Marty holds out his hand and Mark passes him the shovel as Marty starts digging, Mark takes a swig from a nearby whiskey bottle and passes it over to Jay who takes a swig himself before going back to digging. Mark lights a cigarette~

Scurll: What are you going to do the Rascalz this week my brother?

Jay: THE RASCALZ? WHO THE FUCK IS THEY?

Mark: A forma-table team my brother. They've won championship gold almost everywhere they have beeen. But not her. Not in the toughest tag team division in the entire world. Not with the damn Briscoes around.  

Jay: HE YO MARK! WHO WE BE?

~Mark stares blankly into the camera taking a puff after every sentence~

Mark: Dem boys......

Jay: WHO?

Mark: The Dirty duo from Delaware.....

Mark: The bad dues with attitudes

Scurll: THE BEST TAG TEAM IN THE WORLD!

Jay: HELL YEAH!

Mark: Many have ran from the two toughest country boys from hick-vill. And those who haven't have spent the end of our matches looking up at the lights. Heavy Machinery got lucky at for the gold when they pinned the tag team champs to win our straps. Hey yo.... fat boys.... we comin for ya. But until then, I guess we just gonna take out our frustrations on two little punk b*tches in the middle of the ring. We gonna slap them motherf*ckers around a little bit. We gonna do what we want to do to the fat boys to these little shrimpy f*cks. 

Scurll: You boys is ready........

~He climbs back out of the hole and passes the shovel to Mark.~

Scurll: Lead those men to the edge of the split paths. Ask them to repent their sins and pronounce me as their father. Or let them parish in the fires of hell. The choice is not your gentlemen, it is theirs. But if they choose to defy..... MAKE THEM PAY!

~Marty slowly walks off as the two Briscoe's go back to work~

8/30/2020 6:44 pm  #8

Finn Balor

*Scene opens up to the HWL, where Finn Balor is sitting on a steel chair in the middle of the ring, Balor smiles at the camera, while he grabs the microphone from under the ring. Balor puts the microphone to his lips*

FB: So, let me get this straight Johnny Boy.

*Balor scratches his head while chuckling some*

FB: You preach to all of us the past of the nWo. You tell us all how Nash killed the New World Order. Johnny boy, I’m happy to see that you have done your homework, but If my memory recalls me right, How many times has Ric Flair and Randy Orton turned on each other? How many times has your fearless OLD leader Ric Flair and the…”Viper” Randy Orton turned on each other? I think more times than World Title they have won. But, thank you for the warning and the heads up, But I think you should focus more on watching your back. I mean, you are a talented wrestler. One day, you could be the HWL World Champion, then the very next day, get bury with Orton and Cena “golden shovel”.

Johnny, you tell all of us your history of wrestling. The small town Cleveland wrestler… blah blah blah. Johnny, you know how many times you have told me that story in NXT? The road trips we have been on together, the heart talks you gave me, the amount of tips you asked me to give you, and me being a leader of the locker room, I helped you in any way I could.

For the people at home,Don’t let his stories fool you. Don’t let his “feel sorry for me” stories bug you. He claims that I had everything handed to me. If I had everything handed to me, then I wouldn’t of had to leave Ireland to make it. If I had everything handed to me, then I wouldn’t have to travel to the Uk, travel to the USA, travel to Japan… Hell, If I had everything handed to me, then I wouldn’t of had to travel all over the world to just make a living. Its what I call The “Robin Hood”effect. You do what you have to do to survive.

Then once day, my cell phone goes off and it’s the WWE. They see how hard I have worked, they see the heart and passion I have for wrestling, so they do one of the smartest choices ever. They sign me and bring me into NXT. I’m not going to sit here and tell you all my history, but Johnny said I couldn’t handle it. There’s a fine line of becoming injured from a careless wrestler and “couldn’t handle it”. There’s a difference from being victim to a move that ended Stings career to “couldn’t handle it”.

*Balor spits his gum onto the mat*

FB: Johnny, our match is only three night away. You talk about being a main event, but want to make a mark on cruiserweight division. But I’m going to make my mark when I put down “The Lap dog” of Evolution, Johnny Gargano. If you decide to take your balls out of Ric Flair wallet, Ill see you Wednesday Night.

*Balor chuckles as the camera fades off*

Last edited by SweetChinMusic (8/30/2020 6:44 pm)

8/30/2020 7:52 pm  #9

Johnny Gargano watches Finn Balor with Randy Orton and Ric Flair and the 3 of them start laughing

Gargano- My god Finn…are you deaf?  Did you even listen to a word I said?  I never said I word about anyone feeling sorry for myself.  I finally accepted that I can’t rely on anyone to feel sorry for myself, so like I said, YOU TAKE RESPECT.

Orton- And to call you a lap dog?  I almost want to get my hands on Balor for myself.  You’re NO lap dog Johnny.  If we wanted a lap dog we wouldn’t have recruited a talent like yourself.

Flair- Johnny baby, what Randy said is 1000% correct, heck I see a lot of myself in you Johnny.  The point of Evolution is to develop the young guys in this business, not a platform for Randy and myself to fight.  Heck my wrestling days are far from over, I just act as dare I say an agent…recruiting and negotiating deals for Evolution.  I’m here to act as just that.  Nothing else so Finn, just shut up with your nonsense and let the real professionals talk.

Orton- And to say you could win the World Title and John and I would turn on you?  Finn knows out of everyone I would know how that affected me and how I wouldn’t want that to happen to anyone I take under my wing.  Or do I need to talk about HHH and sorry Ric but you turning on me.

Flair- That’s an excellent point there Randy, but I can say, I’m proud with how you’ve developed from that making sure no one will ever have to deal with that here in Evolution.

Gargano- Guys, don’t worry.  I trust you both, if you’ll allow me though to say something to Finn though.  Look Finn, you’re right we’ve been on the road together for years and I know the real Finn Balor.  Finn, all I know about you is you never needed to be with the NWO.  You thrive on your own.  To side with a man like Kevin Nash proves how far you’ve fallen.  You talk about how it was only an injury that held you back.  That’s denial.  You came back and had chance after chance to make it on the Main Roster, YOU FAILED.  You never could be THE GUY.  Meanwhile as long as I was in NXT, any match I was in, that was the match everyone watched.  I was THE GUY, hell I know I still am THE GUY in NXT.  But I’ve never been rewarded as such.  Finn, you talk about how you travelled the world, yeah that was my point.  You had the opportunities with nearly every other company around the world, then you went to WWE and now you’re in HWL.  I was in some small promotion in my hometown who was just given a shot to prove I was as good as everyone said I was but nobody wanted to believe.  You were the hot shot Free Agent, don’t talk to me as if we’re the same.  Far from it Finn.  You’ve been HHH’s golden boy.  I still am proving myself.  Maybe HWL will wake those McMahon dumbasses up and make me the star that I’m supposed to be.  Yeah am I using Evolution for my own benefit…you’re damn right I am.  But Randy Orton and even Batista used that for themselves originally.  Evolution was never just a place where the leaders on top could thrive, Evolution was about THE FUTURE.  Evolution at one point held the World Heavyweight Championship, the Intercontinental Championship and the Tag Team Championships, the point of it was to promote, the PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE.  Ric Flair represents our past, the legacy that we must live up to.  Randy Orton and John Cena represent our present, men who have succeeded in HWL in the past and will lead us going forward.  And I represent our future, a young and hungry talent who can take the mantle from Randy and John when they’re ready to step aside.  So like I said…you didn’t hear a word I said.  But what can I say, you’re nothing more than another NWO hypocrite and a sellout because you weren’t good enough.  This Wednesday on Overdrive, I look forward to doing my great mentors in Ric Flair and Randy Orton proud.  You will once again understand why I’m Johnny Motherf***in Wrestling.  And HWL and it’s Cruiserweight division will accept what has finally arrived to save it…

ADAPT IF YOU CAN…OR BE LEFT IN THE DUST…THIS IS EVOLUTION.

Last edited by Halestorm727 (8/30/2020 8:18 pm)

8/30/2020 8:33 pm  #10

(Tegan Nox)

Zelina Vega, we've never exactly run in the same circles, so I feel like I should introduce myself.

I'm Tegan Nox. They call me the girl with the shiniest wizard.

Don't let the "girl" in that moniker fool you though, because I am all woman and all fighter. I've been in the ring with the very best and even beaten a few of them. I say what I mean, I do what I say I'll do and I do it all by myself.

I'm not content to stand back in the shadows. I don't need any man or men to ride the coattails of in order to be successful, or for any reason really. They don't do anything for me that 10 inches of rubber and a little spit can't accomplish.

But to each their own. You go ahead and have whatever it is you have going on with the two clients in the light and what we all know you've got going on with that other guy in the dark. Or maybe, rather than the dark, I should say you keep him in the "Black." More power to you. I'm not here to judge.

Just know that they're not going to be there for you on Wednesday. It'll be just you and me. There'll be a guy there in a striped shirt playing third wheel, but let's try not to let him distract us from having a good time together, eh?

(Tegan gives the camera a wink before strolling off)

Board footera