The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2020 3:26 pm  #1

Promos for Overdrive #51 (08/19/20)

- HWL Television Championship - Heath Slater vs. Fallah Bahh

- Dexter Lumis vs. Karrion Kross

- Eddie Edwards vs. Jake Hager

- Dominik Dijakovic vs. Baron Corbin

- Breezango vs. New Day

8/17/2020 6:23 pm  #2

Re: Promos for Overdrive #51 (08/19/20)

(King Corbin)

Here ye. Here ye. The King has arrived. And my first degree in this new land is that all of you will refer to me as King Corbin. Dare you say Baron, and I'll make a mockery out of you. Now....it has come to my attention that on Wednesday night, I make my most anticipated debut against someone by the name of.....

Is that even right? Dominik Di....Dijakovic? Must be from Croatia or Russia. Anyway, Dominik, you should be privileged to have your match against me. Not many people can say that they had the opportunity to face royalty such as myself. In fact, you should be humble that Big Sugar gave you this chance. This match will be your biggest match in your entire wrestling career. But it's too bad that it all ends at my success.

You see Dominik.....you may be tall. You may be strong. And hell, you may have the body of a healthy athlete. But your dealing with royalty. Not some low class baboon picked up from the indies. Your dealing with the King. And as my first order, you will submit to my greatness. So don't fight it. And bow down to your King, Dominik. Cause after I'm done with you.....the words that are going to come out of your mouth is......

ALL HAIL KING CORBIN THE GREAT. ALL HAIL KING CORBIN THE GREAT.

Last edited by Th3Rickst3r (8/17/2020 6:23 pm)

8/17/2020 7:31 pm  #3

The Legend of Jake Hagar

~Jake Hagar is standing in a dark room staring down the camera as a shiny object appears. It is "The Father" Marty Scurll and the shine is coming from his newly won HWL World Heavyweight Championship~

Scurll: Confused? Shouldn't the Father be making this moment all about himself? Don't worry my children. The day that my great triumph shall be celebrated is yet to come... however right now I would like to speak to you all about my newest and most prodigal son. You see after I successfully defeated Johnathan, Finn, and..... the other one.... Jake Hagar came to my church.....

~A video plays back of the scene Marty is explaining~

Scurll: He came to the door and said "Father I have come home to your holy palace to seek refuge from the wicked. Let me serve your father, for I was once blind but now I see. You will lead me onto the gates of Eden Father. I shall fight for your honor and for my right to walk the path with you. I shall go to the river of the bliss and bathe in it to wash away the sins of my past life. Father I will give my life for you and that HWL World Heavyweight Championship, you shall fear no man Father with The Legend of Jake Hagar at your side." He then got down on his knees and bowed to me. This is the first HWL superstar to come to me looking for help and guidance. I then helped The Legend of Jake Hagar to his feet. Just then travesty hit our peaceful church

~The Altar at the front of the church is shown to be holding the HWL World Heavyweight championship as a young man grabs it and runs off, we come back to reality~

Scurll: The young man then runs out the back of the church. I turned to The Legend of Jake Hagar. I say to him "You must show your faith to me, go fetch my HWL World Heavyweight Championship and teach that young man what happens to the wicked and I will show you the eternal happiness you seek. Then in an instant The Legend of Jake Hagar takes off like a cheetah after his prey he moved with lightning quick speed. Moments later we hear a struggle outside the church. Screams were heard and presumable drowning was commenced as The Legend of Jake Hagar made quick work of the young rapscallion. The door then busts open and through the light I can see The Legend of Jake Hagar holding my HWL World Heavyweight Championship. I have never had an experience such as this in my life. That is the reason he shall now be known as not just Jake Hagar.... but the Legend of Jake Hagar. We then went down to the river of bliss and The Legend of Jake Hagar took his oath to be my most important follower.

~Marty pauses and walks behind Jake Hagar~

Scurll: Eddie Edwards.... I'm done trying to convert people.... I don't need anymore followers. So instead, Eddie Edwards for your sins..... they will not be washed away.... nor will you have the chance to repent..... instead you will meet.... The Legend of Jake Hagar.......

~The camera cuts on Jake Hagar who is snarling at the camera~

Last edited by shubz (8/17/2020 7:37 pm)

8/17/2020 9:27 pm  #4

(Eddie Edwards, holding kendo stick)

Have you met my friend, Jake?

It would be very rude of me not to introduce the two of you. Jake, this is my friend, Kenny.

(pushes kendo stick out toward the camera, clarifying that he's talking about Kenny the Kendo Stick)

Kenny's been by my side for a while now, even if he hasn't been heavily featured on TV in a hot minute. We share a bond that can't be severed.

It's kind of like the bond that you share with Chris Jericho, except that I don't have to carry Kenny's bags for him.

After all, that's what they use you for over in AEW isn't it? Whatever reason you're there, it's sure not to have very many matches. Speaking of which, the last time you were in the ring one-on-one, you were getting beat at Fyter Fest by a friend of mine - Cody.

As big of a deal as you might be in the Mixed Martial Arts minor leagues, with the undefeated record you have against bums that have never even had a televised fight, you're back in a pro wrestling ring now. As much as they like to pretend otherwise, you and I both know that in this ring we take harder hits, we take nastier cuts and bruises and there is no safety net. There's no cage to keep us from falling out of the ring on our heads. There's no breaks at the end of a round. There's just nonstop hard hitting from the time the bell rings until the time the bell rings again.

You know what they've started calling me, Jake? They call me Mr. Anything Can Happen. That's because you never know which way I'm going to beat you, but you know it's going to happen, even if some or maybe even most see me as the underdog in any given fight. On any given night, in any given arena, I can beat anybody they put in front of me.

That's included some of the biggest and the best. Bobby Lashley. Moose. Kevin Steen... errr Owens. Colt Cabana. I could go on, but it's a pretty long list.

I've won the Triple Crown in both Ring of Honor and Impact Wrestling and I've totaled not one, not two, but three World Heavyweight Championships.

And unlike the World Heavyweight Title you won in WWE, neither company regretted giving me the opportunity to be champion. Neither company has ever demoted me to WWECW or the like because it wasn't working out on the A show or even the B show.

My employers put me in the ring every single week. Why? Because I can take it. I can live that schedule. And I can do it while continuing to win. You, obviously can't, or that's what you'd be doing too.

I guess you could say that you've simply lost your "Thwagger." That's too bad.

(Walks off chuckling to himself as the camera fades to black).

8/17/2020 11:17 pm  #5

* We are live backstage after the fallout between TJ Perkins and Darby Allin, as we see that Darby won the Cruiserweight title belt from TJ. TJ is seen after the match walking to the locker room as he is extremely pissed with what transpired. He throws a tantrum in the back as he wreck the catering area. Throwing chairs and equipment around. *

TJ - HOW THE HELL THIS HAPPENED!!! URGHHHH!!!! Darby Allin, I swear to God......that if you had never brought that Body bag......urghhhhhh. I would have had you. You freaking psych me out with that emo tactic. URGH.

* We then see Fallah Bahh eating some chicken from KFC. He sees TJ Perkins getting mad and goes to him. *

FB - Bahh? Bah bah?

TJ - Oh....it's you Fallah. You scared me there for a minute. Right now, I'm not in the greatest mood ever. So what's troubling you.

* Fallah Bahh is making gesture to him to calm down and to take it easy. *

FB - Bah Bah. (Breaths) bahhhhhh. Hmmmmm.....Bah.

* He then gestures a piece of his chicken. *

FB - Bah? Bah bah bah.

TJ - Ehhh....not in the mood for chicken but thanks. Well I got to go.....

* Fallah stops him and pulls out a letter from HWL Office. *

FB - Bah. BAH. BAHHH.

TJ - A letter from Big Sugar? Let me see that.

* TJ Perkins starts to read the card as Fallah Bahh continues eating his chicken. *

TJ - "Dear Fallah Bahh, we inform you at this time that next week, you'll be competing in a match.....for the Television title??? Sincerely Big Sugar." That's it. Nothing bout my match with Darby? This is BS.

* Fallah Bahh takes that as an insult. *

FB - BAH BAH! BAHHH!!!

TJ - My bad Fallah, I'm just not thinking straight after I lost the title to Darby.

* Fallah looks at him from top to bottom. And he's shocked. He goes to try to touch the area where he held the Cruiserweight title belt. TJ swipes his hand off, clearly showing he's still upset. *

FB - Bah bah? BAH? BAHHH BAHH!

TJ - Yeah....I Lost the title. But on the bright side, I'm the longest reigning Cruiserweight champion HWL has had. That's good right?

FB - Bah Bah (does a thumbs up gesture.)

TJ - Ah Fallah Bahh, you always know when to cheer someone up.

FB - Bahhhhhhhhh.

TJ - But enough wasting around. We better get you ready for this week's Overdrive. Cause not only is this your first title match, but it's your first match in HWL. And boy oh boy, we going to make quite the impression with you.

FB - (points at himself) Bah?

TJ - Yes you Fallah. I'm going to train you in tip top shape. So drop the chicken and let's go.

FB - Bah bah bah.

TJ - Drop it.

FB - (Drops his KFC bucket) Bahhhhhhhhhhh.

TJ - Once you win that title, you can eat all the chicken that you want. And I can promise you that Fallah.

* Fallah Bahh jumps up and down with excitement and continues saying Bah Bah as he leaves the scene. *

TJ - Ay Ay ay. The things I do for my friends. Wait up Fallah. You running too fast.

* Scene Ends. *

8/18/2020 8:29 am  #6

In a dimly lit Motel Room Heath Slater walks in through the door he is wearing a face mask Heath places his travel bag on the bed and looks down at his waist where the TV Championship sits. Heath takes of his face mask and then goes to the sink to wash his hands he humms 1 man band as he washes, Heath then dries his hands then he slicks his hair back as he looks in the mirror and then takes out his phone and starts recording

Heath "I Told you not to underestimate me Chris.. I said i was not to be taken lightly and here i am standing here gold around my waist"

Heath places the phone in its stand and then starts shaking his hips

Heath "This week... This week i tussle with Fallah Bahh and i will go into this match like i do every match and not underestimate my opponent but he better not look at my name and think that im a pushover.. I AIN'T NO PUSHOVER BAYBAY"

Suddenly there is a knock on the door

Heath "Who could that be at this time!"

Heath opens the door and Titus O'Neil is standing in just his trunks and is flexing.. Heath gives him a surprised look

Titus "Slater Gator Baby!!"

Heath "Titus Ive told you this countless times.. No.. And stop Following me you dont even have a match"

Titus looks at heath with a forlorn look upon his face as Heath shuts the door on him.. The Quiet moment is interupted with Titus shouting WORLDWIDE And then a womans scream

Heath "... Now where was i... Looks to me that Fallah is more interested in where his next piece of chicken is coming from than winning our match. I have beaten two former world champions in the last few weeks and its not going to stop here no sir ee.. Im on the way to the top and nobody is gunna stop me"

Heath slater then picks up his phone and stops the recording as we fade to black

8/18/2020 8:58 am  #7

Hulk Hogan is stood in what looks to be a abandoned warehouse either side of him stand Fandango and Tyler Breeze, Hogan has his classic Red and Yellow Boa around his neck, Tyler in his Officer get up not to be outmatched has s purple boa around his neck, Officer dango is glaring at both men as he is left out and does not have a boa

Hogan "Let me tell you something brothers and sisters you may of seen a few weeks ago brothers i stood with Bayley and Sasha Banks as they took on Mickie James and Charlotte Flair and then Last week with Matt Riddle i coached him but it was not to be brother but they say Third times a charm and this week they take on The New day and Fandango and Tyler here well.. New day have nothing on them brother and my brothers here Breezeango have been saying there prayers. "

Both Dango and Breeze look at each other and slowly nod

Hogan"..and Eating there vitamins "

Again Dango and Breeze slowly nod

Hogan" But let me tell you something brother.. "

Dango and Breeze then start to fangirl and go behind hulk and begin to Hulk out"

Hogan ".. WHATCHA.. GONNA DOOO... WHEN BREEZEANGOMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOOOO NEW DAY"

Dango & Breeze then start to chant New day sucks as hulk flexes as the scene fades out

8/18/2020 6:27 pm  #8

(Eddie Edwards)

Am I a sinner?

Hmmm. Guilty as charged.

In case all the green I wear wasn't obvious enough, I'm Boston Irish. Drinking, sleeping around and bar fights are pretty much a daily occurrence. Being a sinner is just a fact of life.

The thing is though, I don't need to sell my soul to a tiny British man and devote my life to servicing his needs in some backwoods compound in order to be forgiven. The church is a time-honored tradition and I walk in for an hour once a week and go to confession and all is forgiven.

Fornication, ownanism, being covetous, jealous and petty, knocking out some loudmouth in a bar, screwing the slut down the street in the back of a taxi - one trip to visit the house of the man upstairs and all is forgiven. Then we go back to our normal houses and having full autonomy in our lives - something you don't get over at Martyland.

Heavy Machinery had a very good point they made last week about all of you Eden's Gate crowd. Things seem to be working out great for Marty, but how well is this situation paying off for the rest of you?

How many of the rest of you left Four for Gold with the title belts old Party Marty sent you out to collect? How many of you that had qualifying matches to even get those title shots even made it through?

In short, what has Marty done for you other than pull you out of your daily life out to his compound? What good has he done for YOUR careers?

Not a damn thing as far as I can tell. But if you want to keep on after it, go ahead. It's no skin off my back. But Jake, since you're in my way, Kenny says it may be a little skin off of your back.

(Waves Kenny the Kendo Stick in front of the camera).

He says he's looking forward to it.

(Fade)

8/18/2020 7:27 pm  #9

The Legend of Jake Hagar

~The mist appears as Jake Hagar is shown menacingly starring into the camera~

Allie: There once was a man destined for greatness without the right cause. This man search along a wicked path in a desperate path to find the light that he searched. 

~The smoke arises again and when it clears Jake Hagar is shown in a wrestling ring at a very young age~

Allie: He decided that if he could not find the path he so sought, then he would join the world of physical combat. As team sports were not his thing. 

~An opponent comes towards Jake who wrestles the man to the ground and breaks his ankle, the smoke then wisps it away~

Allie: He defeated foes all over but none of that was satisfying his vengeful thirst. Angry at the world before of his ever lasting search of greater meaning. 

~Clips of his professional career is shown which then switches to MMA~

Allie: He continued to beat fear into the hearts of his opponents. The one day..... one day he met the only man that could truly show him greater meaning

~The mist then shows Jake Hagar being bathed in the river of bliss~

Allie: The Legend of Jake Hagar was born. Part cause of him finding the thing that quenched his thirst, part the sheer rage that had nearly consumed his soul. Now the Legend of Jake Hagar quenches his thirst on those who the Father deems "unfit" to repent their sins.

~The mist fades away and shows Jake Hagar once again staring into the camera snarling~

Allie: Eddie Edwards, you seem to believe that The Legend of Jake Hagar is no threat for your kendo stick. 

~Mist then shows Jake Hagar breaking a two by four over his knee and throwing it onto a campfire that the rest of the cult are sitting around as Allie walks over to the standing Legend Jake Hagar~

Allie (lets out a laugh): Please Eddie, don't you think for a second that The Legend of Jake Hagar isn't going to break your Kendo sitck in the same manner that he seconds later will break all of those sinner bones. 

~She slides around the back of Jake Hagar as the camera follows she skips away~

Allie(laughing again): I guess you'll have to find out!

~She continues laughing as Jake Hagar stares into the camera snarling, the camera cuts~

8/18/2020 8:17 pm  #10

~Pope is at the altar in his church it is another bright and sunny day at the compound as he is give a sermon the other followers as they read along Allie sits front row while Marko Stun and Jungle Boy sit next to each other shoving each other back and forth~

Pope and followers:

In Father Alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my hope, my song,

Pope: PRAISE FATHER!

Follower: PRAISE FATHER!

Pope: OH LORD, TODAY IS ANOTHER GREAT DAY FOR EDEN'S GATE! The Father has found another lost soul that he has been so gracious to save! This man is one bad mother trucker ladies and gentlemen. He has beaten his foes into oblivion in the past and now.... in the name of the father HE WILL CAST JUDGEMENT ON EVERY SINGLE SINNER WHO DARES TO KNOCK ON THE GATES OF EDEN WHILE WE SIT INSIDE ENJOYING THE FRUITS OF OUR LABOR! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I GIVE TO YOU THE LEGEND OF JAKE HAGAR!

~Jake Hagar walks into the church and to the front as people get up and clap women faint and people try touching him and getting as close as possible. As if on a and carrying Marty Scurll's book mission he continues towards the altar stopping just next to Pope he turns to the crowd and stares off into the distance~

Pope: I will now read from the Book of the Father.....

~Jake Hagar passes the book to Pope as Marty steps in~

Scurll: Mind if I take a read......

Pope: OH YES! Father of course!

~Pope lets Marty stand at the altar and Marty opens the book~

Scurll: There once was a man so powerful, that no man in the land could stop him. Many tried to test the sheer strength of said man, but it was of no use. No matter how many men stepped in front of this brute force of nature he would not budge. He stood like a rock without fear in his eyes. The villagers then became afraid of this man. If they couldn't stop him by hand then what damage could he produce when he was angry. So they decided to grab their weapons and make sure the man never drew another breath. But they failed to realize that even weapons couldn't stop him, and they all succumbe to his power.... and that mans name was :"The Legend of Jake Hagar"

~He closes the book~

Scurll: Eddie Edwards, you do not understand just like the rest of the peons in the HWL locker room. Yes we have not been lucky in the winning department thus far. But we do have the most important gold in the entire world. We have the HWL World Heavyweight Championship. The Legend of Jake Hagar is going to help us boost moral within Eden's Gate. We will get on the winning side of things and we will take every championship in the HWL. 

~A storm quickly rolls through as thunder is cracking~

Scurll: AFTER THE LEGEND OF JAKE HAGAR BREAKS YOUR SKULL.......

~The camera cuts as Marty stands next to Jake Hagar~

Board footera