The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2020 2:00 pm  #1

Promos for Four for Gold (08/15/20)

HWL World Heavyweight Championship - Fatal 4-Way - Finn Balor vs. Marty Scurll vs. JBL vs. R-Truth

- HWL Women's World Championship - Triple Threat -  Mickie James vs. Asuka vs. Hikaru Shida

- HWL Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Turmoil (Each player can enter ONE team, must be an all-male tag team with a tag team designation))

- HWL Cruiserweight Championship - TJ Perkins vs. Darby Allin

- Bray Wyatt vs. Matt Hardy 

- Dexter Lumis vs. Adam Cole

- Charlotte Flair vs. Nia Jax

- Daniel Bryan vs. Jay White

8/10/2020 2:35 pm  #2

Re: Promos for Four for Gold (08/15/20)

JBL

Cameras come into focus on a conference room. Inside, seated at a long table are JBL, Montel Porter, Sami Zayn, Antonio Cesaro, Shin Nakamura, and Daniel Bryan. An extra chair is seen next to JBL, empty. An unknown scribe stands in the background, recording the proceedings.

Montel Porter: Gentlemen, as Chief of Staff of the MAGA Powers, I have called this meeting on behalf of John Bradshaw Layfield, to discuss the upcoming fatal four way match at Four the Gold for the HWL World Heavyweight Championship. First, some pieces of housekeeping. Thank you to Press Secretary Sami Zayn, as he recruited two men, two of the finest, as Secretaries of Defense. I hereby announce the appointments of Antonio Cesaro and Shin Nakamura as Secretaries of Defense. Two others will serve as Foreign Secretaries of Defense, these will be appointed in time. As you all know, Daniel Bryan has been appointed as Minister of Culture and Environment. Welcome to our scribe, for graciously accepting the invitation to record the proceedings. I now turn it over to John Bradshaw Layfield, who will speak on his upcoming opponents, and will also address why their is an extra chair.

JBL: Montel, my good man, what a fine delivery. There is a reason why you are Chief of Staff. Gentlemen, step one has been taken. Four the Gold is step two. Now as has been determined, my opponents will be Ron Killings, Martin Scurll and Finn Balor. I address Finn Balor first. This man does not fit the mold of a champion. It is not because of his size, not because of his skill. It is because of his overall attitude. His appetite to have back up is simply shameful. His change in persona when he puts on his face paint makes him appear to need to be committed. He should consider himself lucky to be champion. That reign is guaranteed to expire.

Moving on to Ron Killings. R-Truth if you will. A grown man, galevanting around the business with imaginary friends. This is a kind of lunacy that does not befit the role of champion. His daze and confusion would spell disaster if he were champion. This cannot and will not be.

Moreover, this brings me to Martin Scurll. "The Father" if you will. This guy leads a life of debauchery behind the scenes and now because of some purple smoke he thinks people should worship him. What in the name of sweet Jesus is Eden's Gate? I felt there was only one way to properly address Scurll. Gentlemen, please welcome, the Religious Advisor to the MAGA Powers, The Messiah, Seth Rollins.

Cameras expand to show Seth Rollins, suited, wearing a glove and his hair in a ponytail. He first goes to Montel Porter, who swears him in as Religious Advisor. Rollins has a seat next to JBL.

Seth Rollins: Gentlemen, I come before you today, not to preach, but to provide guidance. Provide wisdom. For you see, it is imperative that JBL becomes the HWL Heavyweight Champion of the World. With this in mind, the so called "Father" Martin Scurll has no business trying to lead. His followers were already damaged, but instead of doing different, they chose to follow on a path that will only lead to abuse. While prevention may be seen by others as the ultimate strategy, the true strategist would resort to complete persecution. Persecution brings destruction gentlemen. Mister Layfield, you must allow for the persecution and destruction of Martin, Ronald and Finnegan. I trust you knew this already, but as your religious advisor, I must remind you. With that, I conclude. This has been wisdom and advisement, from the official Religious Advisor to the MAGA Powers, the Messiah, Seth Rollins. Now if you will excuse me, I must seek out those who wish to seek purification.

Seth Rollins slowly rises out of the chair. He pushes it back in, bows to the table, and exits the room. Cameras focus on on JBL, who now has a grin on his face.

JBL: This Saturday, gentlemen. This Saturday, the MAGA Powers, begin the stranglehold of the HWL, as yours truly, the Living Legend, the true WRESTLING GOD, becomes HWL Heavyweight Champion of the World. In JBL We Trust.

The rest of the MAGA Powers begin to clap and chatter as JBL winks at the cameras.

8/11/2020 10:00 am  #3

(Mickie James)

Another title defense upcoming and for the second time it will be a triple threat match. The name of the Pay Per View is Four for Gold and this was supposed to actually be a Fatal 4-Way Match, just like for the men's World title, but a couple of ladies dropped the ball and missed their opportunity. That's something we as a division will have to work on in the future.

As it stands though, we have two great opponents lined up for me and I absolutely love it. As I've said here before, I'm not a proponent for doing things the "easy" way. I don't want to hide behind paper opponents or a championship advantage or anything of the kind. I want to see the very best looking across the ring from me, I want to face the best challengers that can be found head on and I want to beat them while they are at their very best.

Two of the best is what they've got lined up for me this Saturday, no doubt. Not just two of the best Americans. Not just two of the best women wrestlers. But in Asuka and Hikaru Shida, we have two of the best wresters in the world regardless of gender.

Shida represents the very best women's wrestling has to offer outside of the WWE and HWL right now. She's an absolute warrior and she's getting her very first shot at the HWL gold. If that doesn't capture your attention as a wrestling fan, you need to check your pulse.

The other challenger has done just about everything there is to do in WWE. She's won every women's title they have to offer. She's won the Royal Rumble. She's won Money in the Bank. She's even gotten a few victories over me, including at NXT Takeover in Toronto four years ago.

Don't think I've forgotten Asuka. I've been waiting for another shot at you for years now and this is my opportunity. NXT Takeover was your backyard, your fans, your ring and at the height of your undefeated streak in the WWE.

But that streak is a thing of the past. Your NXT run is a thing of the past. You're stepping into my ring now — my division. The tables have turned and this time you'll find a different result than before.

It's been a long time since I've had the respect I deserve in this business. I'm a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame in two separate wrestling companies already. At Four for Gold, Asuka and Shida, you are just what I need to get back the respect I've earned over a long a decorated career, and you can bet your asses I'm going to jump at the chance.

No matter which one of you I end up pinning Saturday, I know I'm going to be beating one of the very best. Everyone else should be aware of that two and make sure you don't miss it.

8/11/2020 12:50 pm  #4

Asuka

過去は理由がある過去です。私たちは後退するのではなく、前進します。 ミッキー、好きなように話してくれ。何も変わりません。 あなたミッキー、過去です。 私、明日香は明日の女帝です。 土曜日、あなたも志田ひかるも、HWL女子チャンピオンになるための私の邪魔をしません。

Kako wa riyū ga aru kakodesu. Watashitachiha kōtai suru node wa naku, zenshin shimasu. Mikkī, sukina yō ni hanashite kure. Nani mo kawarimasen. Anata mikkī, kakodesu. Watashi, asuka wa ashita no nyoteidesu. Doyōbi, anata mo Shida Hikaru mo, HWL joshi chanpion ni naru tame no watashi no jama o shimasen

English Translation: The past is the past for a reason. We move forward, not backward.
Mickie, you can talk me up all you wish. It changes nothing.
You Mickie, are the past.
I, Asuka, am the the Empress of Tomorrow.
Saturday, neither you or Hikaru Shida will stand in my way of becoming HWL Women's Champion.

Jerry Lawler walks into the frame.
Lawler: Mickie, in case you needed reinforcement, Asuka's Gonna Kill You.

8/11/2020 5:46 pm  #5

"The Father" Marty Scurll

~Marty Scurll is walking around the church as different followers are doing different activities. Some are chopping wood, some are washing clothes, some play with the children.~

Scurll: Seth Rollins, 

~He looks to the sky holding his hands up~

Scurll: Religious advisor.....

~Marty looks back at the camera~

Scurll: This right here is not just a religion. Eden's Gate is a life style, Edens Gate is being held accountable for your actions - something that JBL could get to know mind you. Eden's Gate is the light that I will use to help all those who choose to see it onto the promise land. And you see Seth, your great "leader" is exactly the type of person we sought to destroy. JBL is the kind of man who destroys our water sources, JBL is the kind of man who cuts down all of our tress so that he can make a profit. JBL is the same person who wants to spread disease and sickness to the poor. JBL is only using all of you for his own personal gain and that is what sickens me the most! Seth you were a leader yourself, but you have degraded yourself to being JBL's lackey....

~Allie runs up to Marty and whispers something in his ear as she then hands him a white flower, he then continues~

Scurll: You people are jealous I get it! JBL see's our numbers growing, he sees the more and more people joining us that he has failed, that he has wronged, and he is getting scared. As we grow stronger his posh stuck up lifestyle begins to be put in jeopardy. NO LONGER will the rich get what they want...... instead the poor will get what they need and I will help create that change, when I take the World Heavyweight Championship at for the gold.......

~Drew Gulak is shown leading a bunch of child followers in song with Allie at his side~

Gulak and Allie:
Father loves me this I know
For his bible tells me so
Little ones to him belong
They are weak but he is strong......

~Marty Scurll continues walking~

Scurll: Seth my followers choose to follow me because they know that I am truly the only one that can save them. They know that I am one of those who will judge them. Seth we here create a bond that neither you nor JBL will ever understand. That is why I must beat JBL this Saturday at For The Gold. I must open a new chapter in the book of HWL . I must make the HWL see my way, only then can I truly begin to save as many people on the roster as humanly possible. 

~Jungle Boy and Mark Stun roll by play wrestling each other as Marty laughs~

Scurll: How do you not see what we have here? We don't need to lock our doors at night, we don't need to carry weapons inside our haven, we have no need for police, alcohol, or drugs.....

~A bunch of people are laying in the grass looking into the Sky as the Briscoe's lay there as well they look to be passing a rolled up purple "cigarette" around~

Jay: See, the father can save us all man, its like 

~Mark coughs a little~

Jay: He's our guide in this crazy world called life......

~Marty smiles and continues~

Scurll: I have made these peoples lives better Seth, along with my book....

~James Mitchell walks into frame and hands Marty the white book with his symbol on it as he stands in front of a massive statue behind him that we can only see the bottom half of looking up at it~

Scurll: It's perfect..... 

~The camera zooms out to see a massive twenty foot statue of Marty Scurll holding his book, the camera cuts~

8/12/2020 7:48 am  #6

(Mickie James)

Asuka, did you ever hear the saving, the past is prologue? I'm not just the past. I'm the present and I'm also the future.

I've worked too damned hard and too damned long in this business to step aside or let myself be pushed over, even by someone almost universally respected like you. Go ahead and keep screaming in Japanese, spout off your nickname and have your mouthpiece tell me that you're going to "kill me." Nice ripoff of Samoa Joe's thing, by the way. That's all empty posturing.

(Holds up women's championship in front of the camera)

This is what's real, Asuka. This isn't empty. I took this from the best this division has had to offer so far and when I did so I raised this division to a new height, which has drawn in top contenders like Hikaru Shida and you, who wouldn't have bothered to come after this title before now.

When it comes right down to it though, Asuka, despite all you've done, can you really continue to call yourself the "Empress of Tomorrow." You've already bowed down to the Queen many, many times. It took Becky Lynch becoming a mother for you to be able to become the Women's Champion again and only then when you had the title handed to you. But then look what happened. A couple of months later and it already went away because Sasha Banks and Bayley played you like a fiddle.

They attacked your weakness and played you for a fool. I'm not going to do that though, Asuka. That's not my style. I'm going to attack your strengths and I'm going to go through you anyway because I'm just that damn good.

This is my division. I'm back in the driver's seat and you all had better get used to it.

Buckle up.

8/12/2020 8:07 am  #7

(Charlotte Flair)

You gave it your best shot, Nia. You came at me from behind when I wasn't at 100 percent and sure, you put me out of action for a little while, but you didn't do a good enough job because I'm still right here.

You want to think of yourself as big and bad, so you push down staffers and you attack opponents from behind. But by God, Nia, take a look in the mirror. You shouldn't have to do any of that to be successful. You should just be able to run over people and cut through the women's division like butter.

You'd be able to do that if it weren't for the fact that you absolutely suck.

Your one claim to fame is you broke Becky Lynch's nose a couple of years ago, but everybody knows you did that accidentally. The best shot you ever gave anybody and it was a complete fluke.

You've been around the WWE for six years now, Nia, and what do you have to show for it? You didn't win anything meaningful in NXT. You won the Raw Women's title once when all the best stars in the division were on Smackdown. And it took Alexa Bliss being too worried about making fat jokes instead of beating you for you to be able to finally do that. Other than that, you've got a whole lot of nothing to show for your career.

You stoop to tactics like jumping me from behind and slamming my shoulder in a traveling case because you quite simply don't have the talent to do much more in the ring than throw your size around. At this level, everybody knows how to counter an ignorant bullrush.

Size may get you a title or two if you're in the business for a decade, if you get lucky, but it takes more than that to build a real legacy these days.

So, when we get in the ring together on Saturday, Nia, I'm going to outwork you, I'm going to methodically chop you down and then I'm going to beat you.

I'm not worried about getting revenge. I'm not worried about you trying to do more damage to my shoulder. I'm simply going to get in the ring and win, aka business as usual for The Queen.

WOOOOOO!

8/12/2020 12:02 pm  #8

JBL

Martin, I am struggling to understand you. You seem to be confused. Dazed. Simply spaced out. Eden's Gate is a way of life huh? Exactly what someone who only poses as a leader would say. You can claim all you wish that this is not a religion, but when you flaunt individuals such as Andrew Gulak, desecrating biblical lyrics, and try to drive your teachings home, you personify religion.

Denial is strong Martin. I understand when people say no, it means no. Apparently you have not learned, and would rather resort to infringing upon the rights and freedoms we have as individuals, as humans.

You paint me out to be a bad man. You try to slight me, you challenge my morals. You have questioned the integrity and the moral fiber of the MAGA Powers. Listen to me very carefully Father Martin. Seth Rollins serves as an advisor. There is no following. His disciples are still behind him. I found as though I needed some education in this matter, as I am not as versed in the teachings of religions. This said, Seth has done what I needed him to do. What I asked of him, he served me well. He served the MAGA Powers well.

What is a tress? I inquired with my Minister of Culture and Environment, Daniel Bryan. He questions this as well. We both know of a tree, trees. He has advised of the climate crisis, both cultural and environmental. Martin, your mind has become a wasteland.

In order to extinguish the fires of this crisis, I SEEK to protect the best interests of the MAGA Powers, and this company. This means, that I, the Living Legend, a true WRESTLING GOD, will become HWL Heavyweight Champion of the World, by any means necessary. In JBL We Trust.

8/12/2020 8:01 pm  #9

"The Father" Marty Scurll

~Marty is standing in the middle of the purple river on a bright sunny day~

Scurll: Johnathan, you say that I am confused..... however you admit that you are struggling to understand the true meaning of Eden's Gate. That's just the problem Johnathan, a man like you will never understand what it means to struggle, a man like you has never experienced true adversity in his life. But it's funny, because as these words come out of my mouth I realize that you of all people should understand religion. Was your father not a minister? Set out into the world to do the lords work? 

~He opens his book to a page~

Scurll: Ah yes.... one Lavelle Layfield..... What happend Johnathan? Was it the fame? Was it the greed? What took you from the path of the righteousness? 

~He closes the book and looks to the sky~

Scurll: Yes Lord..... I think so too...

~He looks back to the camera~

Scurll: The Lord and I believe that you are still worth saving. You can still atone for your sins Johnathan. All you have to do is pronounce me as your father and all can be forgotten.

~He pauses~

Scurll: However I fear that you will defy me and for that you shall be eradicated Johnathan. I quote from the book of the father.....

~He opens the book again~

Scurll: "Luke 12:15 Be on your guard against all kinds of greed, a mans life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions" Your life Johnathan has been filled with greed. You seek to protect your best interests and your interests only. I seek to bring as many of those that I can to the gates of Eden and save them. I represent what is good on this earth and you represent what is bad. You speak of freedom but you don't understand what it is to truly be free. I can show you the path, and we can walk together Johnathan. You can bring all your friends and we can go to the promise land. After you help me win the HWL World Heavyweight Championship there is no stopping us. But Johnathan....

~The wind picks up and waves begin to from~

Scurll: Do not underestimate my powers, and skill in the ring. Do not underestimate the power of Eden's Gate! 

~The wind picks up even more and the rain starts to come down~

Scurll: IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE MAKING A GRAVE MISTAKE! IF YOU THREATEN OUR WAY OF LIFE I WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO END YOUR MISSION. 

~Thunder Cracks in the background as the wind makes white caps on the water~

Scurll: I WILL LOCK YOU IN THE CROSSFACE CHICKEN WING AND AS YOU TAP OUT AND SCREAM "HELP ME" I WILL YELL "NO!" 

~One more crack of thunder hits as the storm seems to pass and the sun comes out again Marty looks to the sky~

Scurll: In that moment Johnathan, the Lord shall cast judgement on you. For your sake.... I hope hes forgiving.......

~The camera cuts~

8/13/2020 7:19 am  #10

(Darby Allin)

Gaming, skateboarding - the two might go hand in hand the way society has looked down on them for the past two decades. Those that pursue these hobbies have been labeled slackers and often times are seen as unfit for society.

I know your story TJ. I know about how you were homeless, a pariah, left to live out of your car. I know that makes you hungry and that hunger has driven you to multiple Cruiserweight Championships around the world.

However, as much as society may want to lump us in the same undesirable heap and leave us to rot together, the two of us are very different.

TJ, you play with a joystick. I play with my life.

I risk my own life, not those of brightly-colored imaginary heroes.

I dance with death on a regular basis and throw caution to the wind. That's a whole lot different than guiding jumping characters over a bevy of animated turtles and mushrooms.

You play at being different. You play at being an outcast. I actually live it.

I wear it on my face in paint. I write it on my bodybag. I spell it out with every death-defying maneuver, both at the skate park and in the ring.

I'm not just playing at being edgy. I'm not just goofing around to be cool. This is my life. It's who I am. It's who I'm always going to be.

Now, part of who I am going to be is the NEXT Cruiserweight Champion. Saturday, our differences are exposed TJ, and you find out that I'm not just playing around.

Board footera