The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/26/2020 8:26 pm  #21

Re: Promos for Overdrive #49 (07/29/20)

"The Father" Marty Scurll

Scurll: Have you spent you're whole life working, for a world that feeds on doubt? Do those banks just keep getting bigger, while your pockets empty out? Are all the thieves and liars knocking at your door? You need but do one single act to make all your worries go away.... all you need to do, is let the water wash away your sins and become purified in the light of the lord. I am the only one that can save you and walk you across the gates of Eden. However I am beginning to feel that I am speaking to myself. I am not too certain if these people in the HWL locker room don't believe us, or if they are ignoring us. 

Cody, you speak of how your father's name is not the reason you are successful. Cody in the eyes of myself, the actual Father, I see a young man who is lost, and is trying to lay claim to anything he can grab hold of. I see a young man who need a little bit of Faith to help him see the light. Cody, you will find the light, I promise you that. I can show you the way through the bliss to the gates of Eden. You can completely erase the name of your past and you can join the rest of your brothers and sisters. Be reborn again, simply as "Brother Cody" and shred all of your past sins. Cody I sincerely hope that you consider my offer, because after you beat JBL and Samoa Joe, I will be forever grateful to you for laying down for me and letting me cover you for the HWL World Heavyweight Championship.

Keith Lee, AJ Styles.... my offer stands. Join me, and you shall be reborn. Defy me, and you shall be eradicated. The choice is your's boys. 

7/26/2020 10:44 pm  #22

"The Lady of HWL" Lacey Evans

You dont think I know what you are capable of Allie? You know what darling, you are right, I dont know what you are capable of...in fact come to think about it you have been signed to HWL for three years and it wasnt till this match right here is when you decided you wanted to pic up a microphone and start speaking let alone get inside that ring and on top of that do you really think after three years of just hanging around the catering table and then all of a sudden Marty Scrull comes along with a glass of kool-aid for you to drink and then "Oh Yeah"you think you can hang in the ring with not only Asuka but someone who rules over this division for three months, honey who are kidding? You dont need a father, a mother or eve a holey ghost,but if you think about climbing in that ring against me on Overdrive you will need an exorcist because if there isnt any demons in you at the moment, I am sure as hell going to put some in you and while you start fighting some actual demons I'll be at Four the Gold regaining what shouldnt have left my hands to begin with...But darling keep drinking that kool-aid dear, and see just how well it worked out for Jonestown!

And Asuka...Where are my manners,sometimes with all that jibberish and your pervert of a trainer I seem to overlook you, but dont get me wrong I know you arent someone to be overlooked you can be a dangerous woman when you want to be, but much like Allie here Asuka while you may have kept busy elsewhere while the HWL was here, where were you? I was the only one going elsewhere wrestling and coming here being dominant, so again what makes you think you can walk into an HWL ring and hang with the likes of a Lady like myself? 

Asuka, Allie...and for that Matter, Mickie James...Overdrive is coming and the single most dominant Lady in the HWL is going to run over Asuka and Allie and then I am going to go on to Four the Gold and I dont care who the other two women in the match will be because I will have a case of tunnel vision for Mickie James and MY title!!

7/27/2020 2:10 am  #23

Heath Slater is stood in front of a Mirror dressed in Jeans and a black I got kids T-Shirt he turns around and talks into the camera

Heath "David Arquette the man the myth the... Legend?.. The last one we can decide on later but he seems to be a bit preoccupied at the minute with Bray Wyatt pulling his strings like a puppet master. David i thought you were your own man, I thought you did what you want but here you are having the puppet master in your ear. "

Heath then Sits down and Readjusts the camera

Heath " I know that many of you see me as a joke.. And i get that.. I was never taken seriously as a title contender, I like to have fun and if the last few months has taught me anything and thats to take those chances, To Appreciate what you have and to go out there and grab life by the balls.. But... With me here in HWL now its time for a new me, Its time for Heath Slater to grab that brass ring and be the best me i can be.. So David on Overdrive this week it wont be the Elvis Dressing, Hip Gyrating, 3 Man band Heath Slater.. I am a serious Title Contender.. And like last time i had my band.. I've got Someone in my corner "

From offscreen." WorldWide!!! "

Titus ONeill walks into shot doing his Titus Worldwide Pose while just in his Trunks, Heath Looks at Titus in disbelief

Heath"...... "

Heath gets up and Pushes Titus out of shot

Heath".. Not him... Youll find out soon.. I can assure you of that "

Heath then reaches over and turns the camera off

7/27/2020 2:48 am  #24

Matt Hardy is Standing in a darkened room is face Illumitated he has a Grin across his face

Matt "HELLO... It is i BROKEEEN MATT HARDY... Yes.. I welcome YOU.. from all across the Mulitverse.. Yes.. Hmm umm.. I am Making a AppearANCE this Wednesday on the OVerdrive Show Yeesss in the Hustead Wrestling League and Broken Matt Hardy.. Yess.. Will take on Ron Killings also known across the Multi.. Verse as RRR - Truth.. My Broken Brilliance shall overcome this Fellow as he searches for the TRUTH about his Inter Dimensional Friends Yeeesss.. I am on a Misshion to Capture Wins and Achieve Wins and this Vessel Shall Achieve this before the Broken Brilliance Moves to Another Soul.. YESssss.. This Week Ron KILLings you shall be.."

The lights come on

".. DELETED!! "

Matt Raises his hands in the Air as his theme music plays and the scene fades out

7/27/2020 10:45 am  #25

Sasha Banks is seen standing outside a door marked "Banks and Bayley" She is knocking on the door

Sasha "Does it Fit?"

Screams can be heard from inside the room as something is also thrown.. Sasha puts her head in her hands when she is tapped on her shoulder the camera pans to reveal Matt Riddle holding a garment bag

Matt "Its literally just arrived, Hulk is in the gym so sent me"

Sasha takes the bag and knocks on the door with a "WHAT" Heard from the other side

Sasha " B.. Hulk has come to your rescue hes managed to get your replacement gear"

The door is unlocked from the other side and Sasha walks in leaving Matt Riddle standing on his own.. He shrugs his shoulders and walks out of shot as the scene fades to black

-------

A few moments later we are in the Lockeroom as Bayley is in her Ring Gear and it fits perfectly

Bayley "Remind me to never get a massage during the show again.."

Sasha "I knew it would be a bad idea.. Let alone it was Braun.. You got those hands"

Bayley Blushes "I did indeed!!"

Sasha "Anyway Baby Gurl this week you got Rhea Ripley and Hikaru Shida in a qualifying match.. You got this Girl."

Bayley "Your right i do.. Lets forget about the embarrassment from last weeks Overdrive.. We will get Charlotte and Mickie back.. But this week.. Rhea she is also a former nxt champ but shes no match for me she should just put another shrimp on the barbie.."

*Crickets chirp*

Sasha" That was bad"

Bayley"....Anyway.. And Hikaru current champion of AEW.. Which isnt that great.. My grandmother could be champion of that company.. I am the world champion.. We are the Golden role models and Hikaru, Rhea.. You have been warned... Im coming for you both"

The girls high 5 as they walk out of shot we hear Sasha saying they need to see the big man as the scene ends

Last edited by Flip side (7/27/2020 10:46 am)

7/27/2020 1:43 pm  #26

:The camera shows R-Truth running through the backstage area with Cathy Kelly chasing behind him:

R-Truth: Come on Cathy and Lil'Jimmy, we still have to find Bray Wyatt and give him my Mix Tape before my match against Jeff Harvey on Overdrive!

Cathy: Truth Its Hardy for One and its Matt Hardy you are facing and word has it he is looking to delete you come Overdrive!

:They stop running:

Truth: Matt Hardy? I thought it was jeff?

:Cathy hangs her head defeated:

Cathy: Matt Hardy Truth...You are facing Matt Hardy!

Truth: Well Matt Hardy may say I dont spend time like I really should, he says he dont know me Anymore, i think he hates me deep down, I know he does...he wants to Erase Me!

Cathy: Delete!

Truth: Erase!

Cathy: Delete!

Truth: What am I saying? Lil'Jimmy?

Truth: Thats what I thought I was saying, Erase!

:Cathy again hangs her head defeated:

Truth: Listen we will worried about being shattered and erased on Overdrive but last week there was a lot of talk about Bray Wyatt when he wasnt even on the show, so if anyone needs to get my Mix Tape its him,and you two need to help me find him so he can hear there fire tracks, I mean listen to these titles, Track eight, "Fuck Wheres Harper and Rowan?", Track eleven "Fuck I'm a homewrecker!" and my favorite which is a cover, "Fuck I Love Pina Coladas!" I put this in the hands of Bray Wyatt and then we can buy a time share down in...

...!

Truth: You right Lil'Jimmy...Well come on guys, We have a World title to win, after I beat Matt Riddle on Overdrive  and a mix tape to give out, SHAZAM! You coming too Cathy???

:Truth runs off camera and Cathy looks confused for a moment:

Cathy: No..Im not a serious journalist or anything...

:Cathy then follows:

7/27/2020 8:49 pm  #27

JBL

Cameras come into focus on a golf course. Only one golfer is shown, casually playing. Cameras expand to show a golf cart, being driven by Daniel Bryan, with JBL in the passenger seat.

JBL: Greetings, haha. Smell the riches of the golf course, as your Wrestling God, and the Minister of Culture and Environment for the MAGA Powers, Daniel Bryan play the greatest game there is, and discuss my match coming up this Wednesday.

Bryan: Mister Layfield, sir, maybe you should have a look at this pamphlet on the Isle of Samoa. As the Minister of Culture and Enviornment for the MAGA Powers, it is my duty to share with you, our fearless leader, the details in which will take you to places these people have never dreamed of, places only you can go.

JBL: Daniel baby, stop this cart so I can make my play. That pamphlet may as well go back in your bag, as I can only assume that pamphlet is found to contain information to say that The Isle of Samoa is littered with individuals who mostly have lost their minds to injury. They cook in obscene ways, they dance like fools, and most often, they do not make good on what they say. Samoa Joe is merely a fraud, nothing more, nothing less. Is that about right?

Bryan (stops the cart): Call me Daniel, okay? Just Daniel. We need to keep this professional sir. When it comes to this pamphlet, I must say sir, while your words may be a little crass and abrupt, for the most part, you are right about the contents of this pamphlet. I will set it aside, should you want to read it later.

Bryan steps out of the cart and grabs JBL's driver. JBL comes around, takes the driver, places his tee, and sets his ball.

JBL: Daniel, you are right. Professional is how this needs to be kept, especially when speaking. Professional...something that Cody Rhodes only wants to be. Congratulations kid, you have your last name. A brightspot for you You, makes you slightly more memorable. Yet now, now you have Arn Anderson clamoring on behind you, collecting money from the money hustling moron Tony Khan, hanging on to fame. Shameful. Arn deserves rest. Unprofessional. You go on and on about All Elite Wrestling, your little toy TNT belt, Eddie Kingston supposedly selling his wrestling boots to pay his mortgage. Unprofessional. It does not belong here. To disguise it with stroking my ego, calling me a legend, attempting to disgrace my claim of being a Wrestling...God..shameful. Unprofessional. You want to be kind, try and show off. You are about as useful as your little star power nonsense from just a few years ago. I will happily bring your little dog and pony show attitude, along with Samoa Joe's nation of violence to an end this Wednesday. Now that I have divulged my thoughts, Daniel, watch this drive.

JBL swings and drives the ball to the green. Bryan golf claps as JBL tosses him the driver, of which Bryan only just manages to catch. JBL then slaps Bryan on the back.

JBL: Daniel, it is morning time again on this golf course haha! Fire up that cart, JBL still has it on the golf course, same as he still has it in the ring. This Wednesday, I will do what I say I will do, and be that much closer, to taking the spot that I need to be in, as the HWL Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Bryan: The MAGA Powers, a division of the Corporation for a Better Tomorrow. In JBL, your next HWL Heavyweight Champion of the World, We Trust.

7/28/2020 8:37 am  #28

(Hikaru Shida w/ Arn Anderson)

(Anderson)

Take a close look at this woman, no this warrior, standing here next to me. Hikaru Shida is one of the standard bearers for moving women's wrestling forward. From the time AEW went into business, no woman has won more matches than she has.

Now, she comes to conquer a new territory, facing challengers she's never fought before, challengers like Bayley and Rhea Ripley.

Hikaru Shida is up to the challenge. Are the two of you?

(Shida)

Bayley, Rhea, both of you should bring the very best you have tomorrow. I would hate to debut in HWL and receive a second-rate effort from either opponent.

(Anderson)

You see, Hikaru Shida thrives off the very best. Iron sharpens iron. Steel sharpens steal.

The stronger the fight, the stronger she gets.

(Shida recites something in Japanese)

(Shida)

The warrior does not concern herself with surpassing others, but only with outdoing herself.

7/28/2020 9:02 am  #29

(Cody Rhodes)

JBL for World Heavyweight Champion? Well, he's sticking with the classics.

A political campaign may be a more proper use of JBL's time in 2020 than a campaign to get back into the ring.

We've now reached a time in this business where pretty much all of the old guard has stepped aside. 2020 is a time for the new generation, for new leagues and for new stars. The last thing we need is one more holdover from the Attitude Era coming back to hog the spotlight again. That's what hindered the rise of so many young talents for the past two decades.

Don't get me wrong, JBL still has a lot to offer. He can build his corporation for a better tomorrow and lead his flock of superior young talent to great things. That's how The Million Dollar Man stayed relevant after his in-ring career was done. That's where JBL should focus his efforts, not on getting back between the ropes. I'm sure there's a lot that guys like Cesaro, Ciampa and Cross could learn from him. They're the ones that should be in the forefront, not a guy who hasn't been in the ring in 10 years.

How many times have you already retired only to go back on your decision, JBL? Two? Three? And here I thought once a cowboy made a decision, he stuck with it. Oh well, maybe this next time will be the time it sticks.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the old boy's still got in the tank.

7/28/2020 3:22 pm  #30

JBL

Cody, you have just taken everything I said about you on the links, and brought truth to it. That was not within my expectation of you. I should have known, given your dedication to being the utmost, unprofessional, spoon-fed indignant.

With that in mind, you have never been in a position to be a poster child for the young talent of this business. You have never been able to actually stand in the shadows and follow in the footsteps of your father, let alone your brother. It has always been about deflection with you Cody. You beat around the bush, inside the ring, and on the microphone. You continuously go on and on about the up and coming talent, yet you start your own company with your friends, then, to defend what you do, you claim you give opportunity...yet you have championship gold..gee, deflection at its finest.

You tell me I may be better suited in politics. Cody, take a look in the mirror. You have mastered deflection. You have mastered taking credit for the accomplishments and talent of others. You should be in politics, but that is not what this is about.

I can be dignified, and not be political. The MAGA Powers seek to instill this in this company. I cannot fathom why you continue to take shots at myself coming out of retirement, as Cody, this is for the betterment of not only this company, but for the betterment of the business of professional wrestling in general, especially given the current societal climate.

Finally, Cody, I have been the Heavyweight Champion of the World. Therefore, there is nothing classic about JBL rising to the occasion, defeating you and Samoa Joe tomorrow night, and going on to become the H...W...L...Heavyweight Champion...of the World. In JBL..We..Trust!

Board footera