The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2020 11:43 am  #11

Re: Promos for Overdrive #48 (07/22/20)

Sami Zayn

Cameras come into focus on a press table. Two chairs are seen. Montel Porter and Sami Zayn approach and take their seats.

Montel Porter: My fellow Americans. On behalf of the MAGA Powers, it is my honor and privilege as Chief Of Staff to introduce our Press Secretary, the honorable Sami Zayn. He will answer questions regarding the match he has this Wednesday night. Opening the floor, yes you with the hand up.

Reporter: Mister Zayn, lets cut to the chase. What are your thoughts on Samoa Joe.

Zayn: Samoa Joe? The bumbling snafu of a wrestler who cannot seem to cut it in the big leagues? The guy that wants violence, thinks its the answer? There is something called order. Law. Law and order if you will. Metaphorically speaking, law and order here would be actually wrestling and competing. Not violence. Montel, dismiss this moron.

Porter: Yes, mam, you are dismissed. Its very clear how Mister Secretary feels. Next question.

Reporter#2: Yes, Mister Secretary, can you tell us why you are so set on dismissing us when you don't like a question we ask?

Zayn and Porter have a brief discussion off mic.

Zayn: Who asked you if you had a question? Its quite simple. If you can be reasonable and respectable, that is one thing. To ask my thoughts on Samoa Joe? Have you any idea what wrestling even represents? Or are you to narrow minded? Its not about violence or destruction. Its about competition. I hardly think Joe amounts to much, at his age, weight and tendency to get hurt. He is about as relevant as the Isle of Samoa, and that is where this ends.

Zayn gets up and leaves. Porter ushers everyone out as the media once again wonders what is going on.

7/20/2020 12:15 pm  #12

nWo

*Scene starts to static. nWo logo shows up on the screen*

“The following Announcement has been paid for by the New World Order”

*Scene starts to static again*

*Scene opens up to Finn Balor standing infront of a nWo background, with the World title resting on his shoulder *

FB: You know, my ears have been burning. For the past couple days, my ears have been burning and my head has been aching. I took advil, I got some sleep and drank my water, but couldn’t quite understand why It was hurting so badly.  Then I heard it, and it suddenly explained why.  Big Nash showed me the video of Adam Cole ranting to his little boy band.   Adam Cole, was talking about fighting me for the world title.

*Finn Balor laughs, then readjusts the title on his shoulder*

FB: Adam Cole, you’re on the very bottom of the list for a shot at this title.  You’ve had more chances at this title than anyone else and you always failed to capture it.  There’s no “stepping stone” patch for you, you’re at the dead end.  Before you start calling others “complete jokes”, take a look at yourself. You were great in NXT, the top of the mountain. Then came to HWL and couldn’t do shit all. 

TJ, I didn’t forget about you either. Come to the ring tomorrow or stay in the back and hide. Either way, we will put you down first.

*Balor walks out of the scene. Camera turns off*

7/20/2020 3:37 pm  #13

* We are backstage in a dark room. A lightbulb turns on, as the camera shows a chair with someone sitting on it. After weeks passed, it's none other than the current Television champion, David Arquette. But upon closer inspection, he seems to be in a trance of some sorts. He has a big slash across his right eye, like if someone use a knife on him. Later around his neck, you see his ear with a type of piercing. Camera zoom in, and the piercing is blinking off an on a red light. Arquette scratches it for a minute before he notices the camera crew. *

Arquette - So here we are. Welcome to my little humble room. Sure it's not the greatest quality in room, but it will do. Anyways, I'm schedule to defend my Television title. Against who? Well.....my opponent is none other than the crazy and delusional JTG. Why delusional? It's simple. He still thinks that Shad Gaspard, may he rest in peace, is alive. I feel bad for Shad. I really do.....having a best friend who already has lost his mind is a painful way to deny the reality he still doesn't want to face. Anyway, JTG proclaims that he can take this title away from me. Ehhhhhh....WRONG. Did you'll forget that I'm freaking David Arquette. A seven time HWL World Champion. And your reigning, defending HWL TV Champion. As everyone has seen before....you can't kill the legend that is Arquette. It's not possible. Try as you want JTG, but on Overdrive you'll see why Arquette.....can never be killed. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

* Suddenly the light bulbs turns off. And we see Arquette nervous. *

Arquette - Haha. Very funny. Cutting the lights on the crazy guy. Real cute. So if you guys can turn back the lights.....I can finish my segment.

* The lights turn back on....but it's red. Arquette says Hell no and runs out of the room. *

Arquette - HELL NO. I'M NOT STAYING HERE. I AIN'T GOING BACK THERE. NOT NOW......FUCK THAT.

* He tries to remove the piercing but it shocks him. As he stops trying to remove it. He's screaming and going nuts. *

Arquette - SHOW YOURSELF BRAY. THIS IS FAR ENOUGH NOW. Remove this from me.....AT ONCE. I'm done playing games with you. And once you take this damnnn thing off.....I'M GOING TO KILL YOU. YOU HEAR ME.

* All you can hear is Bray Wyatt's evil laugh echoes throughout the whole arena. *

BWV - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

* Arquette is losing his mind. He decides to take actions in his own hand. So he grabs the red light bulb that is connected. *

Arquette - I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. The Fiend implanted me some kind of weird device. And no matter how much I try to remove it.....it ends up shocking me really hard. And that doesn't sit well with me. But anyhow, JTG, you think that just because Shad is alive, that your dream of holding this belt will become a reality. EHHH. WRONG. Your chance at holding this title belt is less probable than resurrecting a Hero. And yes, I said Shad is a hero. Cause unlike you JTG, he at least did something for his country. All you done is nothing but think about that money. So when our paths cross at Overdrive, you'll know at first hand that Arquette is no laughing matter......and that you will be enlightened by my actions.

* He slowly detaches the lightbulb. *

Arquette - .....until then JTG.......LIGHTS OUT!!!!

* Arquette break the lightbulb with his bare hands. Then we hear Bray laughing once more.

BWV - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

* Then we hear The Fiend voice. *

The Fiend - LETT LETTT LEETTT MEEEEEE IN!!!!!!!!

* camera fades away. *

7/20/2020 4:48 pm  #14

JTG

Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.....Yo.....YO! Whats....REALLY Hood? GYEAH! Yo Hollywood...I have seen a lot of stuff in the wrestling biz, a lot of things but to stand there and tell me my P.I.C is deceased, I just texted Shad this morning...he hasn't responded yet but I am sure he is just busy at the moment...but Hollywood let me ask you something playboy, how are you going to focus on keeping that Television Championship when all you can keeping think about is Bray Wyatt...I mean the lights go out one time homeboy and all of a sudden you brain jumps to Bray Wyatt? Does your thought process work like that with other things? You misplace your keys and you think its Bray Wyatt? The cat food in the bowl is empty and you think Bray Wyatt ate it? 

Listen Hollywood you keep telling David Arquette can not be killed and playboy,I know I am Just That Gangsta but I don't want to kill you home boy...I just want that large piece of bling on your shoulder, because when I have that...I start making that MONEY MONEY, YEAH YEAH...That MONEY MONEY YEAH YEAH....When I signed on the dotted line for HWL, I thought to myself, and I said self, "Who would you like to go up against first!" and whenyou want to make an impression you go for the biggest and baddest guy in the prison yard...and Playboy being a seven time world champion and holding just about every title HWL has ever offered at some time or another...and what a better to become a mega star then to not only defeat the big dog in the prison yard...but to take something that belongs to him too and one Overdrive...that's exactly what I am going to do...and you never know what The neighborhoodie has planned, I could have Shad right around the corner to cause a distraction when you least expect it...In fact I think I am going to shoot him another text and let him know whats up! Keep that title warm for me Hollywood because once I get my hands on it, I am going to take that nameplate and melt it and make myself a new grill out of it....GYEAH!!!

7/20/2020 5:32 pm  #15

King Cureno

Two nights...In two nights The King rises again...In Two Nights the hunt is on...Hunting is a primal instinct, its a means of survival, it is the pure definition of Survival of the fittest...and some animals are just not able to survive, some animals do not have that survival instinct and that's when the hunter...the hunter strikes and that animal just becomes another victim to the bigger hunter. Sometimes the hunter doesn't exactly want to kill its prey right away...sometime they want to, play with their food so to speak...and on Overdrive when The King returns, when King Cureno returns to a wrestling ring...he will have not one, not two but size other creatures in order to play with...the hunter knows the outcome...but he is going to play with his play with his food before eating it...I have si arrows with everyone's name on it....

Darby Allin, a man with a tragic past...a man with a painful present...and a man with certain future but your future did not anticipate King Cureno, and on Overdrive...I am going to pull back the arrow and drive one right through your heart en route to become the next Cruiserweight Champion! Rey Mysiero is a legend amongst men...but the arrow in my quiver with your name on it will have to put you down. Jordan Deviln...You arent even worth playing with...and arrow right through the heart and it will be over quick and soundly for you!

Alex Shelley, a former HWL World Heavyweight Champion...and you have come back to the HWL, and now you are being hunted by The King...but Alex...you cant outrun an Arrow! Akria, you are one of the most gifted wrestlers who was reucded to a joke, and now when you are shot with The Kings arrow, no one will miss you! and finally Drew Gulak, you wont need The Pope to wash away your sins...You wont need to find Jesus, when my Arrow strikes through you...you will meet him...

After Overdrive, I start the hunt...and I will end the hunt with a empty quiver and the next time you see me, the quiver will be empty again,but I will be the HWL Cruiserweight Champion!

7/20/2020 7:00 pm  #16

~Marty Scurll is preaching to some people in a beautiful garden, Allie sits at his feet as Drew Gulak walks into frame~

Gulak: Father.... I need to speak to you.....

Scurll: Please please..... Brother Drew, call me Marty....

Gulak: Marty, I'm afraid these sinners in the HWL locker room are just never going to do that. We have Darby Allin thinking of the HWL as his own personal skate park, and "King" Cureno threatening death on me. I just don't see how we can set these sinners free.....

~Marty gets up and walks towards Gulak he embraces Gulak with a hug~

Scurll: Brother Drew, there is more then one way to show a sinner the light. Sometimes we must be forceful to get what we want, and want those sinners deserve. Sometimes the sinners do not deserve salvation. I am begining to fear this for much of the HWL locker room. For you see Drew, we are all gods children, even those sinners who try to defy me. And sometimes children need punishment. Drew I beleive you know what you need to do. I know you have known what you had to do from the very begining. See Drew you are my brightest and most dedicated follower, and I know you will do Eden's Gate proud by being the first one of us to attain a Championship in the land of the sinners. You Drew have a tough task but our Lord and savior wouldn't have put you to said task if you weren't ready. 

~Marty points off into the distance where a thunder storm starts rolling in~

Scurll: GOD IS ANGRY DREW! Why else do you think he has brought sickness, protests and corruption to this world.

~The wind picks up and lightning cracks right next to Marty but he stands un-phased as the others flinch a bit and some start running. Drew stays and stares in amazement that the lighting didn't hit Marty~

Scurll: WHY ELSE DO YOU THINK HE IS BRINGING THE WORLD TO AN END DREW? HE IS TRYING TO END THIS TORMENT THAT WE CONSTANTLY LIVE IN. THIS FEAR. THIS FILTH..... HE HAS DECIDED THAT NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES WE WILL JUST KEEP SINNING. SO HE HAS DECIDED TO END THE WORLD FOR US.......

~The storm passes over and the sun comes out as Marty wipes off his glasses with his shirt~

Scurll: That is why Drew.... we need to try and save as many of those sinners as we can. But which ever decide they don't want to be saved.....

Gulak: Will be culled.....

~Marty smiles~

Gulak: Marty, I will bring the HWL crusierweight Championship home with me in due time. Darby Allin, and King Cureno will be screaming this week on overdrive. The words that will come out of their mouths when the realize the state that they are in will be "What have I done?" as they take there last breath.....

~The group of people come back smiling Allie leading them as they clap~

Allie (Singing): He's our shepherd, and we're his flock, 

Everybody singing: He's our captain and our ships about to dock
He's our keeper he'll keep us free from wrath
He's our father he's gonna lead us down that path......

Gulak: PRAISE THE FATHER!

Everybody: PRAISE THE FATHER!

~The camera cuts~

Last edited by shubz (7/20/2020 7:13 pm)

7/20/2020 7:22 pm  #17

Cole:

Finn Balor seems to think he's cool just because he's got a big lazy friend now that will "two sweet me bro" when hes ready for his nap time. Finn I've always been and asshole. I've always like to shoot my mouth off when I saw fit and my boys and I always liked to interfere in each others matches yeah I have lost some pretty important matches, but I have been screwed every single time. But you Finn, I feel like you used to stand for something. You used to stand up to the darkness and defy the people who brought injustice onto yourself and the HWL universe. While I don't give a damn what those morons think, you used to. And you used to mean so much more, you created one of the most dominant factions that this wrestling industry has seen in the past ten years. Now you're just Kevin Nash's lackey. Kevin says jump and you ask "How high Daddy Nash?" And that Finn, is why I have no respect left for you. 

You hold that belt Finn but only for now, till I get my rightful shot at it and this time I will be making that World Heavyweight Championship UNDISPUTED.... BOOM!

Last edited by shubz (7/20/2020 7:23 pm)

7/20/2020 8:12 pm  #18

(Darby Allin)

Cuerno, you are a man of many names and multiple masks.

I wonder, why now you choose to wear that old mask again, here and now.

The mask in Mexico is a point of pride, a point of prestige and a point of legacy. However, already once you have lost your mask in a Lucha de Apuestas. So the prestige is gone. Already once, you have voluntarily removed your mask. So your pride in it is gone. And we all know of your legacy... Phantasma. You are far more renowned as a Ghost than you are a Hunter.

With all of those reasons to once again don the mask of Cuerno, only one reason remains that makes any sense... Shame.

What is it Cuerno that you are so ashamed of, I wonder?

Is it that you needed an elaborate plot over the course of months to be able to defeat the likes of Drake Maverick, a man who once pissed his own pants in fear on live television?

Real noble prey you like to hunt. You'll find the rest of us significantly harder to add to your trophy case. And to move one step closer to the title, you'll only have one night to do it instead of months to string along the witless blunderer. You are fooling no one.

Gulak, you are fast devolving from instructor to follower.

Like a lemming, you are so quick to follow Marty over the cliff to your demise.

Following is the death of individuality, the death of creativity and the death of inspiration.

It is all to easy to stray from the path of survival when you're too busy sitting at the foot of another as he leads you to slaughter in order to serve his own crooked interests.

It is better not to be the hunter. It is better not to be the follower.

You want true power? You won't find it there. Instead, hunt down and sacrifice the discount rack versions of yourselves that you've both brought before us today.

Because there is no place for either of them in my tomorrows.

7/20/2020 9:16 pm  #19

Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle

[Camera are shown backstage where Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle are watching from a monitor. The monitor shows MAGA and it's crew talking. Joe smirks while Kurt Angle laughs.]

Kurt Angle
You got to be kidding me? What did we just watch? There is no way In hell, that Sami Zayn and MVP are Republicans. And not only that. But they are acting like if the whole ordeal is just one big enterprise scheme. What's next? Jungle Boy and Marko Stunt ACTUALLY talking like normal people.

[Joe interrupts him]

Samoa Joe
Hey Kurt. Just relax. I got this. This whole fiasco that's been going around. It stops here. And yes Sami Zayn, I'm a very violent man. The kind of man that you don't want to be poking your head around. It's like when your inside  a dark enclosed cave with a sleeping bear. And you know what they say about a bear in a cave?

[Kurt Angle gets excited and interrupts him]

Kurt Angle
You poke the bear, and you'll get your body ripped to shred. And that's what Samoa joe is going to do to you Sami. For the longest, you have run your mouth in every company you have been. Either complaining about poor management, or joining forces with a group of people that you can Easily manipulate. Or even befriend a guy who barely speaks English in Nakamura. The bottom line is that you always have to hide your back behind someone. And this time, you hide yourself behind a political propaganda. What kind of man are....

[Samoa Joe interjects as he cuts Kurt Angle. He asks him to calm down. Kurt fixed himself as he let's Joe talk.]

Samoa Joe
Sami, what Kurt is trying to make you understand is that your nothing more than a coward. You show signs of a weakling. And I'm just the man to eradicate those kind of people. So consider yourself lucky Mr. Zayn. Not much people get the pleasure to enter the Nation Of Violence. But for you, I will make it an orchestra. With your body as my musical instrument. So be warned Sami. The Nation of Violence opens it's door on Wednesday night. Come on all. If you dare step inside the ring with me, you're more than welcome. And at the end of the night, the only thing the fans will chant is....Joe's Gonna Kill you. Remember that Sami.

[Kurt Angles interrupts one more time]

Kurt Angle
Ohhh it's true......IT'S DAMNN TRUE.

Last edited by JuanKy (7/20/2020 9:20 pm)

7/20/2020 9:58 pm  #20

The camera shows R-Truth running around a corner backstage looking as he is holding the hand of someone, but no one is there:

R-Truth: Come on Lil'Jimmy we got to be closing in Lil'Ricky and my jump rope!

Truth: You're right Lil'Jimmy...we should be worrying more about Adam Rose and his Rosebuds, but I know if we don't catch Lil'Ricky and send him back to...

..!

Truth:...That place...then he is going to cause problems in my match with the Lead Rosebud on Overdrive...

Truth: Yeah lets split up, you go that way and I'll go this way...be careful though Lil'Jimmy you know he is dangerous! Adam Rose on Overdrive you can bring as many Rosebuds out the ring as you want and have a whole conga line around ringside and talk about misspellings and how you believe that I am a joke now, you may have been the longest reigning NXT Champion in history, but I have held more championships in WWE History...and it doesn't matter if I am R-Truth, Ron The Truth Killings, K-Kwik, K-Krush, or even K. Malik Shabaz...I am still the same athlete underneath all those names...and on Overdrive You and your Rosebuds are going to see what made me the NWA World Champion, and Lil'Jimmy is going to be at ringside to see it all and the only way you are going to get a win over me is if there are going to be spiders around the ring...Lil'Jimmy is off right now to find Lil'Ricky and and send him back to...Well...I am not supposed to say where Lil'Rickys from, but...We are going to send him back to....

:Camera shuts off,all we hear now is Truths voice:

Truth:Is this still on...hello? Man Lil'Ricky why you turn the camera off, when Lil'Jimmy gets back he is going to have your ass....OW Thats my shin...get back here you little....

:we hear foot steps running away:

Board footera