The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2020 8:15 pm  #1

Promos for Hard Labor (09/04/20)

- World Heavyweight #1 Contender's Match - Stipulation TBA - Chris Jericho vs. JBL vs. John Cena vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Brodie Lee vs. Heath Slater

- Women's #1 Contender Match - Six-Pack Challenge - Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks vs. Dana Brooke vs. Allie vs. Kairi Sane vs. Charlotte Flair

- Six-Man Tag Team Match - No Holds Barred - Marty Scurll, Jake Hager & The Pope vs. Eddie Edwards & Heavy Machinery

- Eight-Man Tag Team Match - Undisputed Era vs. Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Alex Shelley & Brock Lesnar

- Jon Moxley vs. Matt Hardy

- MJF vs. M.V.P.

- Edge vs. Moose

- Bray Wyatt & David Arquette vs. Andrade & Angel Garza

- If Fallah Bahh wins, TJ Perkins will receive a Cruiserweight Championship rematch at Fall Brawl, but if Darby Allin wins, TJ Perkins will be locked in a body bag overnight - Darby Allin vs. Fallah Bahh

9/01/2020 7:35 pm  #2

Re: Promos for Hard Labor (09/04/20)

Faith (Allie)

~Allie is laying in her bed in the middle of the night bawling her eyes out. Her bedroom door opens and the light pours in dissipating the darkness. Through the light we can see Marty Scurll~

Scurll: My child.... what is it?

~His words are consoling to Allie as she sits up and stares at him~

Allie: I don't get it Daddy, all these poor souls in the HWL and they refuse to except your gift of leading them onto the gates of Eden....

~She stares up at the moon outside her window as Marty Walks over and sits on the bed next to her~

Scurll: My dear Allie, such a pure and tortured heart. 

Allie: I dream of them.... every night.....

Scurll: Dream of who?

Allie: Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, Dana Brooke, Kairi Sane, and Charlotte Flair.... I dream about us dancing and playing outside, we swim in the river, we do crafts. We do everything that we do here under your watchful eye. But in the dream a massive storm comes in and I run into the great ark you have built to save us from the flood. But they.... they don't have arcs Daddy.... they all parish....

~Marty thinks to himself for a moment as Allie turns her attention to him~

Scurll: Faith, would these five ladies be worth having as friends?

Allie: Well no I guess not....

Scurll: If they will not repent their sins then they are not worth saving. Give them a chance to see and feel the bliss, and then..... eradicate them!

Allie: Yes Daddy.

~Marty goes in for a hug that Allie excepts, he then walks out and closes the door and Allie is left to the darkness again~

Allie: If they will not except Daddy's loving arms then they are not worth saving. Those five women will either repent or drown in the sight of the lord, and I will become the HWL Women's Champion.... in due time.....

~She rolls over and goes back to bed as the camera cuts~

Last edited by shubz (9/01/2020 7:36 pm)

9/01/2020 8:37 pm  #3

(Cody Rhodes)

(Cody walks into an interview set and takes a seat. He slowly opens a bottle of water and takes a swig, carefully replacing the lid before setting it aside. He then adjusts the mic on his tie and we're good to go.)

Cody: Nobody else wanted to bite first, huh?

Interviewer: You're the first one up.

Cody: That's fine by me. Better to be proactive than reactive. Hit me with your best shot. Let's get this thing started.

Interviewer: Well, you're obviously here to talk about this coming Friday, a six-man match with an unknown stipulation with the winner earning a World Heavyweight Championship opportunity later this month at Fall Brawl. Is a match with this many high caliber opponents intimidating?

Cody: Intimidating? Maybe for guys with a bit less experience under their belt, but if you've been doing this for as long as I have and let yourself get intimidated by an opponent, by a situation or a match or a stipulation - you're not going to get very far. Intimidated isn't the right word. Am I wary of this situation? Yes, but intimidated no.

Interviewer: How do you go about making a game plan for a match like this, not knowing what the rules are even going to be?

Cody: Any time you enter into a match with this many opponents, there are just too many variables. It doesn't really matter what the stipulation is - when there are this many guys in the same ring at the same time, you have to think on the fly. I have Arn Anderson, the Head Coach of the Nightmare Family, to rely on for game-planning, but even with the greatest plan in the world, that's likely going to go out the window in the first couple of minutes. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Cody: Any one of us can sit in this chair and say that we're going to win this match because we're the toughest, or the best grappler, or the best street fighter, or we just want it more than everybody else. Whatever reason we have for why you should take your hard-earned money and bet it on us, forget about it. The best wrestler doesn't win in a match like this. Neither does the best fighter or the plucky upstart who has the desire to prove himself or any of the other tropes you see in movies. The guy that wins this match is the guy who gets lucky. Plain and simple. There are just too many variables for it to go down any other way.

Interviewer: That's it, then? Doesn't matter what you do, you just have to get lucky?

Cody: You see, though - luck can be helped. Luck can be aided by preparation, skill, conditioning, etc. That's why you look on my t-shirts and what does it say? It says "Do the Work." This is where that work really pays off because if you can think on the fly, if you've conditioned yourself to withstand what they can throw at you, if you've done the work, you can improve your odds ever so slightly.

Cody: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. In a regular match, if you're better than another guy and you don't let him outwork you, you've got tremendous odds. But the more variables you add to the situation, the less your talent means, the less all the mind games and the talk means, and what matters is who is prepared and who gets lucky. So, yeah, I guess luck isn't the only thing, but it's a major factor. You can be the very best, unbeaten for a decade, and you're still not going to win a match like this without things that were out of your control managing to still fall in your favor.

Interviewer: So how do you cope with that when the outcome depends on so many things that are out of your control?

Cody: It sounds a little cliche and rah-rah to say you have to believe in yourself, but it's true. It is. You have got to believe in yourself and trust that you've done everything you can do. You accept that some things are going to be out of your hands, but this is why we're here. This is why we lace up our boots.

(Cody shivers in excitement)

Cody: If you can't get your heart rate up for a match like this, go ahead and pack your bags and go back home because this business isn't for you. Even with so many variables and so much stacked against every one of us in this match - look at this, I have goosebumps just talking about it.

(Cody lifts his sleeve to show the goosebumps on his forearm.)

Cody: We're still 72 hours out and I'm completely pumped up for this. So, for everybody else in this match, come on and take your best shot over the next three days. Tell everyone about all the things you think I had handed to me and how I have control of the pencil in my own company over in AEW. Say all the things that they all say. But I didn't get there without doing the work, and if the past is any kind of an indication - my luck isn't ever running out.

(Fade to black)

9/02/2020 10:33 am  #4

(Darby Allin)

Where the little gamer boy could not succeed, perhaps his larger friend can fare better? I wouldn't count on it.

Fallah Bahh, do you hold in you the same fears that plagued your tag team partner upon our last meeting? Perhaps we will have the opportunity this Friday to find out.

(Steps aside as the camera moves past and pans down to the floor where a bodybag lies on the floor. Darby produces a can of spray paint and spells out the word "Bahh" on the bag. He then turns to his left where another bag, somewhat lays on the floor. On this one, he writes "TJP.")

What is written shall come to pass. TJ, you're welcome to come join your friend in this endeavor, if you dare. Just know, that if you choose that path, this time you won't just lie under the bag, but inside of it.

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I've been inside many a body bag. But perhaps for most people the fear comes from being that much closer to death itself, from knowing that one day you will wind up in a bag like this and the only time they take you out will be for the autopsy and embalming or cremation.

How close to death did you feel at Four for Gold, TJ? Are you anxious to repeat the experience?

Fallah, are you anxious to share the experience?

While you are a man of few words and an even smaller vocabulary, Fallah, I know that you can understand what I'm saying to you. So, believe me when I tell you that this isn't a fight you want.

I respect you wanting to stick up for your friend, even if he is a bit of a prick. However, that respect won't stop me from doing what needs to be done on Friday. I'm not a man who cares what scars stepping into ring will leave on me, let alone what scars it may leave on you.

So, what you need to do is ask yourself - is TJ really worth it? Is standing up for him really worth the possibility of this?

(Motions to body bag with Fallah's name on it)

Perhaps next time, Fallah, you will choose your friends more carefully.

(Fade out)

9/02/2020 11:06 am  #5

(Charlotte Flair)

Listen up, Brainwash Barbie, this isn't Arts & Crafts time. This is the HWL. Nobody else here wants to go play weirdo house with you and Jim Jones at the People's Temple.

I don't know what reason you're here for, but the rest of us in this match all have the same purpose and that's to get a shot at Mickie James and the Women's World Championship.

It looks like to get to Mickie, I have five women standing in my way. And that's perfectly fine by me. Despite the supposed benefits people think come with my last name, I know a thing or two about bucking the odds and coming out on top in matches like this.

Just this past January, I won the Royal Rumble. I made 29 other women bow down to the Queen. Five opponents is a paltry challenge in comparison. The year before that I was in the final two and the only reason I'm not a two-time Royal Rumble winner right now is because of an illegal entrant. But there won't be any of that this Friday.

When the stakes are this high, there is no one better suited for the pressure than me. Three times I've won championships on the grandest stage of them all - Wrestlemania. Eleven times I've been to the top of the mountain.

The only reason I'm standing here in front of you right now is because I'm here for Number 12. Gone are the days when the women of this division can rely on me to go off proving something to the guys, which netted me two HWL Television Championships. I'll bet you all breathed a sigh of relief when I set my sights on chasing that title earlier this year because it meant for the most part you wouldn't have to deal with me unless you had a very unfortunate draw on Big Sugar's whiteboard.

The Lacey Evans's and Alexa Bliss's and Mickie James's of the world were free to pursue the title without much interference or focus from me.

That all changes here and now.

Now, you have no other alternative than to deal with me, and that's just bad news for each of you, all around - especially you, Mickie. Sure, we buddied up together before and teammed up to beat Sasha and Bayley. We even shared a laugh with Asuka and Kairi stole Bayley's clothes and she had to try to squeeze her... shall we say ampleness, into Sasha's spare trunks.

But after I take care of business Friday and we're standing across the ring from each other at Fall Brawl, all of that will go out the window. I'm not going to be distracted by other pursuits. You'll get every bit of the Queen and find out that I'm just a little bit more than even a sure-thing Hall of Famer can handle. Just ask actual Hall of Famer Trish Stratus if you have any doubts about that.

That's getting the cart too far ahead of the horse though. Before that, there is Friday and this six-pack challenge to get through.

I'll give you this much, Allie, you have one advantage in this match that none of the other four have. I've already beaten all of them. But don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you haven't been in the ring with me to bow down before now and just because Marty is your daddy now that you have what it takes to swim in the deep waters. On the inside, we can all see that you're still the same scared little girl wearing her bunny ears and just trying to fit in wherever anyone will have you.

It wasn't ever Big Sugar that felt you didn't have what it takes to compete with the best in this division. He gave you your chances. It was only ever your own sense of self worth and a little mocking from the Undisputed Era that made it so as you wasted those chances.

But you've got Marty now to take care of you, so that makes it better, right? Why don't you ask a few drunken 15-year-old British girls how that turned out for them? Or better yet, Marty probably has a few of them lying around there at Eden's Gate.

If I were you, I'd be real careful about where I sit my drink in that place.

9/02/2020 2:51 pm  #6

(Eddie Edwards)

Last week, Marty Scurll, I asked you a simple question with only two possible answers - do you want to take your comeuppance like a man or do you want to be hunted?

The time is almost here for your answer. I guess we will find out tonight on Overdrive what your choice was going to be. However, it seems almost irrelevant now because whether or not you show up tonight, I still get what I want.

I still get my hands on you Friday at Hard Labor in a No Holds Barred Six-Man Tag Match. Dinero and Hager already felt the wrath of justice at Kenny's hands last week, and he'll happily take another pound of flesh out of their hides as well, but for the most part, Marty, Kenny only has eyes for you now.

You're all the guy can talk about, Marty. I get up in the morning and pour my bowl of cereal and Kenny asks about you. I get out of the shower and Kenny wants to know when. I start the car to drive in to work and Kenny asks how many times he will get to make contact with your flesh. He wants to know how much of your blood he's going to get to spill.

What should I tell him, Marty?

(Chuckles slightly)

I can guess what you'll say. You'll gird up your followers and promise that you will remain untouched or that you will endure as an example that whatever mission you think you're on is a righteous one.

But just maybe you aren't going to endure this, Marty. Just maybe this is the end of the line. Honestly, that would be a bit of a shame - for you and your playgroup to fall apart so abruptly and after so short a time after it started. That would be a shame because it would mean less time for you to get to play with Kenny and me.

While you will face justice at Hard Labor this Friday, Marty, it's still only the beginning between us. I'll let you in on a little secret about the question I asked you last week - whichever answer you picked, it wasn't going to make a difference.

Regardless of your answer, you were always going to learn what it's like to be hunted. Whether you take a beating tonight on Overdrive, Friday at Hard Labor, or perhaps even both - we've come too far for that to be enough to keep Kenny sated. Now it may never be enough.

No matter what your answer, whether you keep titles or lose them, from now on you're always going to have to be looking over your shoulder for me. Over and over again, you'll look for me and be relieved to see an empty alley... or hallway... or parking lot behind you. But one of these nights, Marty, you'll look back over your shoulder and see me standing there, Kenny at my side.

I hope you're a fast runner, Marty, because no amount of followers will save you from me.

9/02/2020 7:41 pm  #7

"Faith" (Allie)

~The purple mist fills the screen as Allie's voice can be heard~

Allie: So much hate in your life miss Charlotte Flair. No wonder why you have been lead a stray from the path. So obsessed with being the best at what you do. You've won championships, and other top level accomplishments. but outside of that what have you done with your life? Being the best at what you do has consumed your soul dear Charlotte. What a pity for such a beautiful and talented lady you lack the true peace that Eden's Gate can provide. When it's all over for you Charlotte, what will you do? There is always going to be somebody better. Somebody that the people will look up to more then you, somebody that the people will idolize more then you. You've always wanted to be the best Charlotte and according to some you may now be it...... But whats after this Charlotte? What is there after you fail to re-capture the HWL Women's Championship? You will fade further into obscurity when somebody better comes along.....

~She appears with Marty Scurll at her side~

Allie: You don't have someone to care for you.... someone to provide for you. Someone to help you when you fall down, someone to shield you from sadness..... Those many accomplishments will not be able to help you from wrath. Those accomplishments WONT MEAN ANYTHING! 

~They both disappear~

Allie: I understand this comparison to Jim Jones everyone speaks of. However Daddy says that's just the jealousy floating in from the souls of those who cannot repent. Daddy tells me I should pray for the souls of the wicked. The Wicked such as you Charlotte Flair. I pray every night for the poor souls in this women's match this Friday at Hard Labor. 

~She appears kneeling at the side of her bed~

Allie: "Please Lord, give me the strength needed to vanquish my foes on my way to the HWL Women's Championship. I will offer these Women mercy if they agree to follow "The Father" on to the gates of Eden. Such a magical place that I would like to show my friends. But if they defy me, then I will release a wrath on them so fierce that they will be left saying HELP ME FAITH! HELP ME, I KNOW SEE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT, I KNOW SEE THE BLISS!.... however at that point it will be to late and as they take their last breath I will scream NO! As I pin them one two three."

~The camera cuts~

9/02/2020 8:11 pm  #8

~Marty Scurll is standing at the Altar in his church, both Jake Hager and Pope stand at his sides, he slams closed his bible in front of him~

Scurll: Little pest....

~Marty looks up to the sky~

Scurll: Oh Lord, you have put a mighty challenge in me, and he shall be vanquished!

~Marty looks back at the camera~

Scurll: An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Do no resist the one who is evil, if he slaps you on your right cheek turn to him and slap him twice as hard with your left. Eddie, you do not know the powers of which you have angered. No holds barred at Hard Labour you may have a kendo stick, but I have an entire army on my side. And I am not referring to my followers and the members of Eden's Gate. I am referring to one man, that one man being "The Legend of Jake Hager"

~The camera pans over to Jake Hager who is snarling as normal~

Scurll: A very angry beast, a beast of no conviction who only knows how to tare limbs and break bones. The Legend of Jake Hager has been told for many of years. How he crippled a man with one simple punch. How he has taken down multiple men one after another and done the kinds of things that he is going to do to you at Hard Labor. Eddie, The Legend of Jake Hager fears no man kendo stick wielding or not. He laughs in the face of danger and since you were so graciously or foolishly wiling to provoke him, he has been chomping at the bit to get a hold of your neck and snap it in half. 

~The camera pans back out~

Scurll: The Legend of Jake Hager doesn't need a weapon, however The Pope and I will be glad to bash your sinful brains in with whatever you decide to offer us. If you will not pronounce me as "The Father" then I will make you regret the day you crossed me Eddie Edwards. Let this be a lesson to anyone who decides to challenge me for the HWL World Heavyweight Championship in the future. You will end up like a beaten bloody mess just like Eddie Edwards. Eddie you have done something that anybody has to do to us yet. You have made us look weak in the eyes of the Lord, and for that sin I will not sit idly by and let you disrespect Eden's Gate! I SHALL GRAB THAT KENDO STICK FROM YOU AND IN THE NAME OF THE LORD I SHALL PULL IT BACK AND BRING IT DOWN ON YOUR FACE WITH THE FORCE OF A THOUSAND MEN! or one Legend of Jake Hager....... We won't be washing away your sins Eddie Edwards, we will be washing the mat of whats left of you!

~The camera cuts~

9/02/2020 9:06 pm  #9

(Charlotte Flair)

Allie. Bunny. Faith. Whatever you want to call yourself makes no difference. From here on out, you're always going to be Brainwash Barbie to me.

As for "little miss,"... Honey, I'm about twice your size. And not in a bad way like Nia Jax is twice my size. I am a world-class athlete in peak physical condition. Having the name Flair has its advantages, but not in the way you think. I am quite simply put, genetically gifted. And not a one of those advantages that comes from having the Flair name helped me get through the many workouts it took to get into the shape I'm in.

You, on the other hand, look like you haven't put in a lick of work since TNA dragged you in off the street just because your boyfriend was a wrestler. I told you before that the reason you never capitalized on any opportunities that you were given before was because of your own sense of self worth being so low, but I see now that wasn't really the case. The reason you didn't take advantage of those opportunities is because you're just a lazy little bitch.

The bunny gimmick was an apt fit for you, though. You see, they called her that to make her look cutesy and innocent so that when the real women came through and walked all over her that you at home would maybe feel symapthetic for her. They relied on your pity and for a while you people ate it all up. Got old real quick though, didn't it? But the reason I say the bunny monniker was so fitting was because Allie is incapable of doing much of anything on her own. Instead, she hops... like a bunny... from coattail to coattail to help keep herself employed. The moment the ship starts to sink, she abandons it and finds herself something else to clutch onto.

Just like she abandoned her husband, Braxton Sutter, AKA "The Blade" twice, each time his career took a downward turn, both in Impact Wrestling and then again in AEW for QT Marshall to try to get as close as she could to Cody and Brandi Rhodes. Just like she abandoned Maria Kanellis and Mike Bennett, who gave Allie her big break, when things got too hard and her little feelings got a little hurt.

And the moment things start to go from bad to worse for Marty Scurll and the rest of the Jonestown gang, she'll do it all over again. That, for those of you following at home, is what we call establishing a pattern of behavior.

Now, me, I've turned on an awful lot of people. One of them, Dana Brooke, is even going to be in the ring with us Friday night. But each time I did it, it was because I didn't need them and they didn't deserve to continue to share my spotlight. The biggest difference between you and me, Allie, other than the fact that you're gullible enough to get sucked into all of this Eden's Gate nonsense, is that you're a coattail rider and I'm the type of person whose coattails people aspire to ride on.

I won't stand for it and if Marty Scurll was any kind of a man, he wouldn't stand for it either. But you see, Marty Scurll doesn't mind people riding his coattails because he wants to use them for everything they're worth. If for whatever reason you don't abandon him first, Brainwash Barbie, the only other possible outcome is he hangs onto you until he uses you up and casts you aside with the morning trash pick-up.

We'll see how long your "Faith" lasts then.

9/02/2020 9:06 pm  #10

nWo

*Scene opens up after the Main Event on Overdrive. Balor is walking backstage with Lesnar*

FB: That’s how we do it! That’ll show Adam Cole and his boy band of geeks to not mess with us. Adam Cole went from winning his first championship, to becoming a one week champion loser.

*Kevin Nash Walks into the picture*

KN: Balor, tough lost tonight to the Evolution lap dog. But, with Undisputed Era getting involved in your match, Johnny got a lucky win.  I just came from Big Sugar office, this Friday Night is the big Labour weekend PPV. It’s The Undisputed Era Vs…. THE New World Order.

*Balor and Lesnar look at each other and start to smile. Lesnar starts to crack his knuckles*

BL: Tonight was only a little  taste of what I have in store for Adam Cole.  That little pussy was hiding his whole career from me, but ill get my hands on that chicken shit Friday Night, snap his neck and end the careers of the Undisputed Era.

*Lesnar walks out of the frame, as Nash Smiles and nods his head. Nash follows Lesnar, while Balor looks into the camera*

FB: Undisputed Era, your group has been a pain in my ass since NXT. Always playing your little games, crossing your arms and telling everyone to shock the system.  Friday Night, the system dies, the group ends and the pain suddenly goes away.  We aren’t freaks in mask, we are a group of wrestlers who are looking to change the way the wrestling world is. We are tired of people like, running their mouths and thinking everyone owes them something.

Be like everyone else and call Finn Balor a sell out, but ive been the best ive ever been.  Friday Night, New World Order leaves still ontop of the wrestling world.

*Balor walks away as the camera fades*

Board footera