The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2020 1:52 pm  #1

Promos for Overdrive #48 (07/22/20)

- HWL Television Championship - David Arquette vs. JTG

- Finn Balor vs. TJ Perkins

- Mickie James & Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley & Sasha Banks

- Adam Cole vs. R-Truth

- Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe

- Cruiserweight #1 Contenders Gauntlet Match - King Cuerno vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alex Shelley vs. Jordan Devlin vs. Drew Gulak vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Darby Allin

7/18/2020 9:02 pm  #2

Re: Promos for Overdrive #48 (07/22/20)

(Mickie James)

Bayley, we meet again. Last time you didn’t really live up to the hype. Bayley Dos Belts couldn’t hang with the “Old Lady” of the locker room.

This time, you bring along your little running buddy, Sasha Banks. Forgive me, but I’ve already forgotten what other rehashed nicknames you’ve come up with for yourselves.

You see, everything about the two of you is either fake or stolen from somebody else.

Bayley Dos Belts, stolen from Becky Lynch.

“The Boss,” as a title for somebody that disappears for a minimum of 4 months every time things don’t go her way at Wrestlemania. Every time the “legit boss” doesn’t give her what she wants, she takes her ball and goes home and complains about it on Twitter.

Let me tell you something, missies, you won’t last much longer in this business at that rate. You two buttercups need to learn to suck it up when the going gets tough.

Since things were too tough for Bayley the first time around, she’s bringing along some help this time, but two can play that game. I can go out and find a partner just as easily as you can and mine is a whole lot bigger, a whole lot badder and just plain better than yours.

(Enter Charlotte)

Wooooooooooo! Hi Sasha, Hi Bayley. See you Wednesday, when you get to bow down to The Queen one more time.

(Mickie)

But the two of you should be used to that by now. You’ve been doing it for the last 7-8 years already.

(Charlotte)

One more for the road, together?

(Together)

Woooooooooo!

7/18/2020 9:52 pm  #3

Cathy Kelly: Hey HWL, we aregearing up for more HWL action and I am standing here with not only HWL's newest signing, but he is also the challenger for David Arquettes Teleivision on the upcoming Overdrive, ladies and gentleman, please welcome my guest, JTG!

:JTG enters the frame:

JTG: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.....Yo....YO! Cathy...Whats REALLY Hood! Its your boy JTG aka Just that gangsta AKA The Neighborhoodie, but baby girl you forgot to introduce my P.I.C, Shad Gaspard....I haven't seen him around her yet, I was sure he would be here by now...

:Cathy looks confused and then saddened:

Cathy: JTG...remember...Shad recently passed away...

:JTG is quiet for a second:

JTG: Cathy quit playing...I'llf find Shad later, you wanted to ask me a question right?

Cathy: Yes, this upcoming Overdrive you debut against one of the legends of HWL in David Arquette as you vye for the Teleivision Championship, are you worried that your debut match is up against someone of this statue? 

JTG: Yo yo..Cathy...I ain't afraid of Hollywood...because myself, I am straight out of Brooklyn and you know what we call Brooklyn? HollyHood! GYEAH....Mister Hollywood walking around here with that television championship, and I got to admit when you from Hollywood walking around here all blinged out like Arquette is, you have to admit, homeboy be looking fly...and you know what? Although I already look pretty fly myself, and I am the freshest dressed HWL Superstar next to my homeboy Shad Gaspard...but look at me...I got the fly shades...the fly Tims...and looks at this jacket...but one thing is missing from this ensemble and that is...the HWL Television Championship and on Overdrive...Cathy, I want you to let Hollywood know something, let him know that JTG is coming to his hood, and I will be bringing the hood to him, but I'll be taking the HWL Teleivision Championship with me, ya dig? Now..I'm gonna go find Shad around here somewhere,he has to be here by now and we gonna start making that MONEY MONEY,YEAH YEAH,THAT MONEY MONEY, YEAH YEAH....

:JTG Dances backwards out offrame:

Cathy: Well there you have it folks, JTG is will take on Dav...

:JTG Jumps back into frame:

JTG: GYEAH!

Last edited by QuinnMallory (7/18/2020 10:02 pm)

7/18/2020 10:01 pm  #4

:the camera shows a man in the shadows, sweat is dripping off of him, the camera begins to move around him showing each inc of him, starting at his feet and working his way up:

Voice: In the jungle, there is a hierarchy, in the jungle they are animals that are specifically there to be fed to the larger animals. All the way down to the smallest creatures...and all the way to the largest creatures...and in the jungle, one animal rules all...The Lion...the lion is can have its way with any animal in the jungle, Antelopes roam free in the jungle but eventually one will be fed up to a lion for the simple fact that he is there and that lion is hungry...and in the HWL Jungle...A hungry Lion has arrived...but not just any hungry lion...a hungry lion that is also considered the king of the jungle...

:the camera moving up to the chest now:

And this week on Overdrive, this king of the jungle is going to show up just what a king does in his jungle when The King rises yet again and wins not only his debut in the HWL, but wins the number one contendership for the Crusierweight Champion...five antelopes are going to be fed to the king....

:The camera then reveals the face of masked person:

King Cureno that is....

King Cureno: The King is back...and The Hunt...is....On!

:Cureno then draws and imaginary arrow from his quiver and draws back and releases the arrow, the camera lens shatters as it fades to black:

7/19/2020 12:10 am  #5

nWo

*Scene opens up to the nWo lockerroom. The Camera man starts knocking on the door, Kevin Nash swings the door open as he leaves the room*

KN: Im guessing you all are searching for Balor.

*Camera man nods*

KN: You may enter, but make it quick. We have business to talk about.

*Nash opens the door for the cameraman. Scene starts flowing into the room, where Finn Balor is standing by his locker, Arms crossed and World Title hung up. Balor starts to chuckle alittle*

FB: Let me guess, you’re here to get my thoughts on my match against little TJ. You’re here to ask me how I feel to go into the ring against him, and you want to know how BAD of a beat down I plan on giving little TJ.  You see the history books and see that TJ and I held the same belt. We were both Cruiserweight Champions in HWL. You know, Id be lying if I said that he wasn’t the best Cruiserweight Champion in the history of HWL.  You cant ignore facts, you cant ignoring matches and you cant ignore what he has done so far here.

But TJ, there’s one strap you haven’t clipped around your waist. One GOLD that you haven’t seem to be able to claim.

*Balor points to the HWL World Championship*

FB: You continue building yourself in the cruiserweight division. Keep on the LOWER ranks with the other wannabees.  Ill continue to stay as the top  dog and continue showing everyone why I am the best wrestler in HWL.  Bring your best TJ, keep the dab home and bring the luck instead. You’ll need all of it.

*Balor points to the locker room door. Nash grabs the camera man, drags him to the door like a sack of expired milk  and tosses him out the door*

7/19/2020 12:23 am  #6

~Marty's Scurll's church is shown. It is a full house today along with the purple mist, as the people are finishing up singing "let the water wash away your sins" Pope stands at the podium smiling and singing away~

Dinero: What a fantastic and beautiful song on this sunny and beautiful day. Now lets bow our heads in prayer. 

~Everybody bows there head~

Dinero: Dear Lord, the HWL is resuming its operations. Challenges lie ahead. Lord we pray that you give us strength, dear Lord we pray that you give us what we deserve. You Lord have bestowed upon us the father. The man that is going to lead us through the gates of Eden. But in order for your chosen one to lead us properly he and the rest of his delegates need to have power. Lord these great leaders need to have Championships. Dear Lord we pray to you first that you may help Drew Gulak on his path to victory in the Number one contendership match he has this week on OverDrive. AMEN!

~Crowd chants "AMEN"~

Dinero: Now brothers and sisters. We have said man here with us today. Give it up for the Father's right hand man DREW GULAK!

~Drew Gulak walks in from out of frame as the people cheer and chant his name. He carries the same white book that James Mitchell has been carrying around latley. He walks to the podium and sets the book down as Pope fades into the background~

Gulak: Brothers and sisters, I will stare by reading from the Book of the Father. Chapter six, verse twelve.......

~The entire crowd opens up books that look to be the exact same~

Gulak: And the father said to his children "COME WITH ME AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED, However if you slight me, your demise will be immediately met." The father Marty Scurll is here to lead us all into salvation. It goes on..... chapter six verse twenty "There are but two types of human beings on this planet. There are the light sheep, and the dark sheep. The light sheep will be lead into the meadow to eat the fresh grass that the father provides them because they have sworn to his faith. The dark sheep will scale into the depths of hell where they will meet damnation for eternity." I have much respect for the father. However this is one instance where he and I divide. The father believes that every soul on this earth is born pure and deserves a change to follow him. However I know, that not everybody is pure. I know that not everybody is a light sheep, and I know that some people need to be purged from existence. The father believes that some of these souls in this gauntlet match deserve to be saved. I disagree. King Cureno for example, has the nerve to refer to himself king of the jungle. However there is no jungle for him to rule. There is only Eden's gate and the kingdom in the sky.

~He looks up and pauses for a second~

Gulak: It is time to begin this journey through the HWL world and take those championships that we so do deserve.  (singing) "They'll come day, and they'll come night, they'll have our children in their sights, but if they don't have faith their eyes are blind"  On overdrive this week, we begin to cull the herd.

~The camera cuts~

7/19/2020 1:15 pm  #7

~The Undisputed Era are walking down the street with their music playing softly in the background~

Cole: This is a goddamn travesty boys. The first time that the Undisputed Era is back together as one unit, but instead of throwing one of us in a number one contenders match or a championship match, I get stuck wrestling a guy who has lost his mind.

O'Riley: Yeah, R-Truth? Or is it lil Jimmy? Or lil...... what was it?

Cole: I don't know guys, and truthfully I don't care. Your boy Adam Cole is going into that match to prove that the Undisputed Era is back bay bay......

~It looks like some fans have begun to notice as random people start following behind them wearing Undisputed Era shirts. All four members give out high fives to strangers walking by as they continue~

Strong: Can you please super kick that deranged moron straight in the face for all of us?

Cole: I got one better then that. Why don't you all join me at ring side and watch me knock some sense into him, and then after the match we can all join in on super kicking R-Truth in the face. But when is the real competition going to come my way huh? WHEN I AM GOING TO GET WHAT I DESERVE. I think who ever booked this show, got two matches backwards to be honest with you. You got Me vs R-Truth and you got Finn Balor vs T.J Perkins. You got your show openers working your show closers......

O'Riley: Total disrespect to R-Truth and TJP by the way......

~They all laugh as do the fans in the background who seem to be growing in numbers~

Cole: Yeah exactly I mean, these guys just aren't on my level. Their not on Roddy's level their not on Bobby Fish's level there not on Kyle O'FREAKIN RILEY'S......LEVEL.... by the way do you remember how good that Crusierweight Championship looked around that waist. 

~He points to Kyle's abdomen ad Kyle is still wearing the toy HWL World Tag Team Championship he begins to play air guitar with as the people cheer and some join in on the fun.~

Cole: The thing is Finn, it should be you and me right now. Going one on one for the HWL World Heavyweight Championship. But it will all be in due time. We are going to rule this place from the very top down this time, were doing it right this time, and this time nobody can stop us. Not even a cult.

~The Undisputed Era walks off as the camera cuts~

Last edited by shubz (7/19/2020 1:15 pm)

7/19/2020 7:37 pm  #8

:The camera shows R-truth in the back jumping rope when he suddenly stops and stares at nothing!:

Truth: What do you think I'm doing, I am getting ready for my match on Overdrive against Michael Cole!

Truth:Adam Cole? Are you sure?

Truth:My bad...That ones on me Lil'Jimmy, but you gonna be in my corner right" we gotta be on the look out for Lil'Ricky!

Truth:You cant let him come down and interfere in my HWL Debut match, because this could be the start of something big for us Lil'Jimmy, we could could be on the cover of the HWL Magazine, we could be in the official HWL Video Game, you and I could even have our very own HWL Action Figure two pack! And if Lil'Ricky comes down and ruins the match, we are going to have to send him all the way back to...

...!

Truth: Right...Right..But you know where...but on Overdrive Adam Bomb may have the Undisputed Era at ringside, but I'll have my best friend in Lil'Jimmy, and as long as Lil'Jimmy is keeping Lil'Ricky away from the ring, The Truth will set them free and I will start my roll here in the HWL, now let me get back to working out....

:Truth goes to grab his jump rope he put down,but it has seem to disappear into thin air!:

Truth: Got Dog it...it was Lil'Ricky wasn't it Lil'Jimmy?

Truth: Come on Lil'Jimmy...lets go find him and get our jump rope back...SHAZAM!!!!

7/19/2020 8:37 pm  #9

~Adam Cole is sitting backstage at an HWL live event.~

Cole: Truth. You're going to need a little bit more then jump rope and two imaginary friends to prepare yourself for me. Have you ever thought that rather then this "lil ricky" as you call him, trying to hold you back, hes been trying to help you? See I think I know who this "lil ricky" character is Truth, this character is nothing more then the deep dark spots of your mind that say "I can't do this" "I'm not good enough" but that's the story of your career isn't  it Truth? You have never been good enough for anybody and that little voice in your head is trying to save you from yourself. That little voice in your head knows that you can't take another moment of humiliation.... another moment of heavyweigth.....

~Adam Cole pauses as he gets up and starts walking down the hall way~

Cole: "Lil jimmy" however seems to be that dumb side of you. The side that thinks he's wrestling Micheal Cole this week on Overdrive. That same side of you that seems to think that jumping rope is going to prepare you for the single greatest uncrowned HWL World Heavyweight Champion of all time. Truth long long ago, you were a very big deal. HELL TRUTH YOU WERE CHAMPION! People used to hear the name Ron "The Truth" Killings and cringe in fear for what the "Heavyweigth" was going to do to them. Now, you've turn into the biggest joke in the wrestling business. Because you could no longer hack what it took to be on top! Hell at this rate you're probably going to go and join Eden's Gate with Marty Scurll and the rest of those losers.

~Adam Cole comes to a door that has the Undisputed Era's logo on it and stops in front of it~

Cole: Play your little games with "Lil jimmy" and "lil ricky" hell keep coming up with delusions in your own mind. What's next "Big Ol Shubz?" The fact of the matter is Truth, your just a stepping stone on my way to the HWL World Heavyweight Championship. The same stepping stone you've been for the past ten years.....bay bay.....

~Adam Cole walks into the locker room as the camera cuts~ 

7/20/2020 9:43 am  #10

(Darby Allin)

(Narrator)

Grisly. Grotesque. Gruesome. Ghastly. Macabre.

These are all words you've heard before, but they always fail to properly describe the acts, the scenes, the violence that they are used to describe.

Words just aren't enough.

The same holds true when you see the extents to which Darby Allin will go. Words like Daredevil, Death-Defying, Daring and Madcap just don't fully describe the acts you witness.

That holds true for Darby Allin in the wrestling ring, at the skate park and in life in general.

Darby Allin asks not for your applause. He asks not for your sympathy, your understanding or your approval.

Darby Allin only requires one thing from you — your attention.

Watch closely. Don't leave your seat for popcorn or a soft drink. Don't glance at your phone. Don't even blink. Pay very close attention because you won't want to miss the feats you are going to see.

(Enter Darby Allin himself)

Cuerno. Mysterio. Shelley. Devlin. Gulak. Tozawa. I see each of you.

Hunter. Legacy. Technique. Bravado. Instructor. Energy. I have each of you measured.

However, nothing can prepare you for what you face in me. No amount of film can prepare you for the primal feeling deep in your stomach as I descend upon you.

The hunter can become the prey.

The legacy can be turned upside down.

The technique can be nullified.

The bravado can be humbled.

The instructor can be silenced.

The energy can be dispersed.

But I deal in forces not fully expressed through words alone, and they are eternal. They are inevitable and without limit.

Watch in awe.

(Fade to black)

Board footera