The HWL Pro Wrestling Game

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/02/2020 8:17 am  #1

Season Three

Who is wanting to play again? We are going to need at least a couple of new active players this time or it's not worth doing again. Being active does not necessarily mean writing multiple promos every week. Being active just means staying engaged with your team through the various means set up to do so — that can be writing promos, voting for the winners of eFed matches, seeking trades to make your team better, participating in the add/drop waiver period at the end of the month to try to improve your team. Right now, we only have 2-3 people actively engaging with their team on a regular basis and then another 1-2 engaging once in a blue moon.

------------------------------------------------

Some new features I have thought up for Season Three (if we can get there)

- General Managers for teams (This would be an extra roster position that all teams would be required to fill. The GM for your team would then be able to participate in or be the focal point of your promos for a certain wrestler. i.e. you can draft Paul Heyman as your GM and thus you have him to pair with Brock Lesnar. If you have Lesnar, but not Heyman, you cannot write Heyman into your promos. A GM would not be tradeable or add/droppable. The one you draft is the one you have for the full season. Other managers and retired wrestlers like Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley etc. would be available in this designation. If you don't want to use them for anything, you don't have to.)

- Pay Per View PIck 'ems (A chance to earn bonus points by correctly predicting winners of matches at real life PPV events)

- Events that may allow the winner's team to steal a wrestler from another team for X number of weeks, or earn an extra roster spot for their team.

Other changes to consider

- Dropping company-specific roster designations (i.e. instead of WWE Tier 1 Male, Non-WWE female, etc. wreslters would just be divided by male singles, female singles, male tag team, female tag team, cruiserweight, wildcard and general manager designations)

- Are we still happy with the method of determing the winner in e-fed matches? Alternate proposals?

Season Three would not necessarily have to be rushed to start as soon as Season Two was over as we did with the previous season in order to include Wrestle Kingdom. We could potentially take a few weeks / months off and then come back.

I'm open to other suggestions of ways to increase player involvement outside of maybe showing up for the draft and then letting your team sit idle for six months.

If you want any other features considered for addition or changes considered for existing features, if you want any additional companies considered for addition, etc. here and now is the time to speak up.

6/03/2020 7:45 pm  #2

Re: Season Three

What do you think about revamping the Overdrive title defense rules for Season 3 (if we are able to get it off the ground)?

My idea is that instead of the champion choosing a challenger every few weeks, we would tie title defenses into the wrestler purses. So, each title match would cost X amount of dollars. Anybody could choose to use it on any given week, assuming the wrestler they are choosing has the funds to pay for the match. We could have no challengers that week or 2 or 3 or maybe everybody. The catch is that each team would be limited to using this challenge one time per calendar month for each title. I.e. if Ricky uses it to challenge for the World Title with Bray Wyatt on the first week of the month and he lost, he wouldn’t be able to pay for a World Title match on an Overdrive again until the next month, but he would still have the option to buy a match for the other 3 non-Television belts for the remainder of the month.

Any challengers would have until the usual weekly card posting time to let me know they wanted to use this option on any given week. Any requests after that deadline would not be granted. And the challengers would theoretically not know who else was using the same option the same week or if they were the only one.

7/01/2020 7:08 pm  #3

I am officially entering the royal rumb....... Err... Season three

7/01/2020 9:22 pm  #4

Entering Season 3.....no hesitation asked.

7/01/2020 9:23 pm  #5

This is new to me. But I'll give it a Go. So I'm in too.

7/02/2020 12:03 am  #6

Im in

7/03/2020 7:50 am  #7

I'm in

Board footera